Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: October 2021 Challenge: The House on Horner Hill

This has progressed a lot since I last saw it, it's really starting to come together with the internal detail going in. Keep up the good work Ian, I look forward to seeing it with colour.
    View my map and asset packs on CartographyAssets or DrivethruRPG. Support my work on Patreon. Take a look at my work on my Website or Instagram.

Quote Originally Posted by Marcolino View Post
    Nice creapy house.
    Hey thanks Marcolino! I'm been trying to give it the eerie feel, not sure I've been successful.

Quote Originally Posted by wminish View Post
    This has progressed a lot since I last saw it, it's really starting to come together with the internal detail going in. Keep up the good work Ian, I look forward to seeing it with colour.
    Much appreciated, Will! I've been making good progress, and with the pace I'm working at, I should be able to finish. All the tile detail is making it look more full, and I can't wait to slap some watercolor on it!

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	PXL_20211023_031541704.jpg 
Views:	20 
Size:	3.36 MB 
ID:	131587

Made a decent amount of progress after my update earlier today. Figured out what I want the remainder of the rooms to be, so I'm well on my way to finishing this, excited to color it!

IR
    Last edited by Adfor; 10-24-2021 at 04:28 PM.

Howdy!

Name:	PXL_20211024_202419962.jpg 
Views:	10 
Size:	3.48 MB 
ID:	131643

Really chewing through the tile work now, but alas I am out of time for the day.

IR
    Last edited by Adfor; 10-25-2021 at 12:53 AM.

Hey yo! I found some more time tonight, against my sleep schedule's best interest, to finish up the mansion!

Name:	PXL_20211025_044754614.jpg 
Views:	33 
Size:	3.49 MB 
ID:	131644

I have some lines to sharpen up in a few areas, namely the stairwells to give the impression of shadows, but otherwise I just have to create a border on the right for the room list & legend, and this will be ready to color!

IR

Ps Probably going to add some dead trees to the courtyard, because you know, spooky and such.
    Last edited by Adfor; 10-31-2021 at 07:49 PM.

Great work! I love the details and layout.

Quote Originally Posted by Ilanthar View Post
    Great work! I love the details and layout.
    Thanks Ilanthar!

Alright so here's the finished product. Unfortunately I was unable to colour it due to starting a new job this past week, and life being a rollercoaster ride in general, but I honestly think it stands on it's own in B&W.

Name:	PXL_20211031_232502140.NIGHT.jpg 
Views:	39 
Size:	2.92 MB 
ID:	131721

If anyone was wondering why a chunk of the house is missing in the top left hand corner, well it's because it walked off. For the campaign module my buddy and I are designing, we are using a lot of folk lore ties to make it accessable for all RPG foundations, and the Baba Yaga house was a primary culprit, because well, it's fun.

The idea for the campaign module is that you are required at one point to retrieve certain items and bring them back to the house. The house itself is a cursed arch-fey that is bound to it's being, and as one can imagine, the house started doing weird stuff when the arch-fey was bound to it. One of those things was a piece of the house growing legs, disconnecting from the house, and waltzing off. The players will have to figure out a way to bring the Baba Yaga house back to "House", oh what a fun venture that would be!

Anyhoo, this was a ton of fun to draw, it was really nice to get back to the top down style of mapping. This style is one of the oldest I have ever done, when I first picked up DnD at 13, and started doodling on graph paper. Oh how 20 years flies, and I'm pretty amazed at what I can accomplish in a month.

IR

PS Forgot to shadow the amphitheater seats, and crisp up the lines for a little depth.

### Latest WIP ###

Name:	PXL_20211101_000622200.NIGHT.jpg 
Views:	28 
Size:	3.07 MB 
ID:	131722
    Last edited by Adfor; 10-31-2021 at 08:09 PM.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12