Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Talabheim surroundings (Warhammer)

Guild Journeyer Impractical Cartographer's Avatar

Map Talabheim surroundings (Warhammer)

Howdy, Cartographers.

I present to you my latest map.
    The map shows the surroundings of Grand Free City of Talabheim.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	mapa-talabheim-guild.jpg 
Views:	203 
Size:	8.71 MB 
ID:	132076

As usual, I drew this map for my rpg sessions.
    I have prepared an English version in case anyone would like to use this map during their game.

I hope you enjoy it.

Original format: 150x140 cm
    Technique: hand-drawn, acrylic inks, a touch of Photoshop.

HD scan on my Deviant Art: https://www.deviantart.com/mapyniepr...heim-900269491
    Last edited by Impractical Cartographer; 12-15-2021 at 04:28 AM.

All.. These… Trees.. So good! Where did you buy your patience? I’m in need of some.

Lovely. I visited your Deviant Art site too. Love the Warhammer pieces, thanks for sharing.

Outstanding. The amount of trees is growing exponentially with every map. I would not be surprised to see a map of a forest only in the future
    @Dimension Door I once saw him drawing those in real time... It was very soothing to watch
    New Horizons
    Fantasy maps and illustrations.

All my non-commisioned maps are FREE for personal use. Get them at my home page New Horizons
    Get more of my maps by becoming my Patreon.

Support:
    Patreon | Tip via PayPal.Me | Buy Me a Coffee

Quote Originally Posted by Dimension Door View Post
    All.. These… Trees.. So good! Where did you buy your patience? I’m in need of some.
    While drawing I listen to good audiobooks or podcasts and somehow it goes

Quote Originally Posted by Voolf View Post
    Outstanding. The amount of trees is growing exponentially with every map. I would not be surprised to see a map of a forest only in the future
    Fortunately, the next larger map will show the tundra.

And there is already an English version of this map on Deviant Art.
    https://www.deviantart.com/mapyniepr...heim-900281602

This is looking really great. I was wondering how you digitise your maps, at 150x140 cm that's well above A0 size so I doubt you'd be able to find a scanner large enough. I know you can also digitise by taking photos but I've always found you get blurring at the edges for large images and it's so hard to get the framing really square.
    View my map and asset packs on CartographyAssets or DrivethruRPG. Support my work on Patreon. Take a look at my work on my Website or Instagram.

Quote Originally Posted by wminish View Post
    This is looking really great. I was wondering how you digitise your maps, at 150x140 cm that's well above A0 size so I doubt you'd be able to find a scanner large enough. I know you can also digitise by taking photos but I've always found you get blurring at the edges for large images and it's so hard to get the framing really square.

You can easily find such scanners in good printing studios for architects and surveyors. There should be scanners that support widths up to 150cm / 60 inches.

Great work & map, once again.

Quote Originally Posted by Impractical Cartographer View Post
    You can easily find such scanners in good printing studios for architects and surveyors. There should be scanners that support widths up to 150cm / 60 inches.
    Thanks for the tip, I did a quick search and I think I've found a place in my local area that offers this service. Up till now, I've avoided working at a size larger than A3 as I was unsure how I would be able to digitise the finished piece so that opens up some more options for the future.
    View my map and asset packs on CartographyAssets or DrivethruRPG. Support my work on Patreon. Take a look at my work on my Website or Instagram.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast