Thread: Nov/Dec '21 Lite Challenge: Behind the Falls

Guild Artisan

Default Nov/Dec '21 Lite Challenge: Behind the Falls

Taking a bit longer than I thought, but my wife got called away for work for a week. I got my booster, knocked me on my butt, and with 5 horses, 4 rabbits, 3 cats, 2 dogs and 1 lamb, life has been busy, plus work has been bonkers. And for some reason not finding my palm tree blend files

Behind the Falls. I have always loved the D&D dragons colors, it was great, played into the chameleon aspect of some reptiles. I am going with another battlemap, they are my favorite. And trying to do a march up a river to the lair behind the falls.

Have struggled getting the basic layout and now bringing in the textures. I wouldnt even call this much of a draft, but you can see where I am going in the areas around the palm trees. I think the terrain will be easy as most of it will be covered in growth. Just a matter of bringing in the layers and wroking them into some nice lush vegetation. The harder part will be the river bed and the waterfall. 3 days to go.

### Latest WIP ###
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DragonsLair1.jpg 
Views:	22 
Size:	328.5 KB 
ID:	132098

Guild Artisan

I have been plugging away at the terrain, and think I am calling this draft 1 for the terrain. Losing a little sharpness in my Palm Trees every time I rotate, so not liking that too much, but it is what it is for now. I may still find my files yet, but me laptop is thinking its time for a new one. I think its coming along though. Still if time permits would like to whip up some other types of jungle trees to add to the vegetation. Not a ton, but a few towering over top, create some more depth. But that will depend upon how smooth the river, the falls and the cave entrance go.

### Latest WIP ###

Name:	DragonsLair2.jpg 
Views:	17 
Size:	365.6 KB 
ID:	132102

Welcome to the challenge Kier, that will look nice once you get the water in there.

Guild Artisan

Quote Originally Posted by Bogie View Post
    Welcome to the challenge Kier, that will look nice once you get the water in there.
    Thanks, Bogie.

Water is added. Still need some cleaning, but need to get to that waterfall.

### Latest WIP ###

Name:	DragonsLair3.jpg 
Views:	18 
Size:	382.7 KB 
ID:	132112

Guild Artisan

First attempt at the Falls.

### Latest WIP ###

Name:	DragonsLair3a.jpg 
Views:	20 
Size:	381.2 KB 
ID:	132113

The water & waterfall are looking very good!

Guild Artisan

Thank you sir.

I believe I am calling this one done. Tweaked a few things, added boulders and rocks through out the river and banks. And a title.

Forgotten Falls - A river leads to waterfall, which hides the dragons lair.

### Latest WIP ###

Name:	Forgotten Falls.jpg 
Views:	10 
Size:	785.0 KB 
ID:	132120

I would add some mist at the base of the waterfall. I usually use a low opacity circular gradient for stuff like that, works quite well and is so fast.
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Guild Artisan

Quote Originally Posted by Kisachik the Wanderer View Post
    I would add some mist at the base of the waterfall. I usually use a low opacity circular gradient for stuff like that, works quite well and is so fast.
    Thanks. Yeah, my attempt may have gotten too solid. Gave it a different whirl.

### Latest WIP ###

Name:	Forgotten Falls.jpg 
Views:	26 
Size:	779.9 KB 
ID:	132121