Thread: The Sandbacked Mountains and the Northern Sandswept Wastes

Guild Expert Facebook Connected Arimel's Avatar

Default The Sandbacked Mountains and the Northern Sandswept Wastes

So for a last hurrah to 2021 I have a map I have been working on for the last month, month and a half. It is the northern edge of the largest continent in my world, Orlos. It is primarily covered by a vast desert with a volcanic hotspot in the center but there are the grasslands of the Amiro Empire to the South and the mountains of the Stonebrook Dynasty and Tvintiir state to the north.

The images on the edges are buildings that can be seen in the tvintiir state and the Stonebrook dynasty and this is one of the only places in the entirety of Orlos where airships can be found, invented and building the the Library of Technological advances in Tvintiir.

The Northern Sandswept wastes act as a barrier in this part of the world. They are extremely dangerous to cross, partially because of the normal desert worries - sun, heat, water - but it is also the travelling ground of the Sandpack (think gnolls on steroids). They drive around on ships built to sail over the sand and massacre any they find. Is your travels worth the troubles and do you have a means to cross unseen?

Let me know what you all think!

And Happy New Year everyone!!!

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	sandswept3.png 
Views:	118 
Size:	6.84 MB 
ID:	132277

Really good job Arimel. My only nitpick is about the marlstroms, the are topdown while all other elements are not. Happy new year all!!

Guild Expert Facebook Connected Arimel's Avatar

Thanks Simkin! I will have to start thinking up how to draw them in perspective! I had not noticed that at all.