Thread: World Map - Etruska

Map World Map - Etruska

Hi all! I haven't posted here in a while (I'm most active over on my Instagram and I tend for forget to post anywhere else!), so I thought I'd share a new(ish) map! This was a private commission for a client's homebrew D&D setting. I played around with some new colours and I really like the vibe!

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Etruska.jpg 
Views:	302 
Size:	1.98 MB 
ID:	132634

Drawn in Procreate on iPad Pro
    Finished off in Photoshop for text and textures

Feedback always welcome!

Looks great! Maybe the left side of the bottom continent could use something to make the area a tad more interesting. Some dunes perhaps to make it more clear that its a desert without having to rely on the label or maybe just some hills. Your forest style is quite nice. Is the forest in the south just more dense? And also did you follow mapeffect's guide on the compass (I ask as I've just recently made good use of that tutorial and it looked similar). It looks quite nice, I'm a fan of the stoney texture.

Thank you! Yes I think if I went back and did this again, I'd definitely add some dunes to the desert area. The forested areas in the south are dense-jungle/rainforest, so I wanted to ensure they looked more dense than the forests in the north. This compass was kind of off-the-cuff, but I love mapeffects work! Thanks for the feedback ^^

Guild Member FantasyMapmakingCo.'s Avatar

I really like how simple and clean it is. I especially love the color of the oceans.