Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: February 2022 Challenge: Trezu Remastered

I agree, the labels are hard to read. I think it's the outlines' fault. Remove outlines or, if you added them because text looked too thin, just match the colour to the text. Also I believe it'd look more natural if the background where the lava pool is was black or grey, as if burned.

Overall everything else looks cool: the border, line work, compass.
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Guild Expert Guild Supporter Greg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Kisachik the Wanderer View Post
    I agree, the labels are hard to read. I think it's the outlines' fault. Remove outlines or, if you added them because text looked too thin, just match the colour to the text. Also I believe it'd look more natural if the background where the lava pool is was black or grey, as if burned.

Overall everything else looks cool: the border, line work, compass.
    Thanks Kisachik, I realise the outline for the text was getting glitchy because of the width I'd set it too. I've updated it to be a bit thicker alongside using a thicker variation of the font. I think both help, thanks! Also, I changed the lava area to be greyer and agree it looks better.

### Latest WIP ###
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Trezu Remastered v5.jpg 
Views:	42 
Size:	1.88 MB 
ID:	132893

That definitely helped the labels. And the volcano looks more threatening and real with nearby land turned to ash.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12