Hi!
    First time participating in a challenge so I hope I'm doing this right

This is the generated village that I started from:

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	elm_quay.png 
Views:	25 
Size:	5.85 MB 
ID:	132660
    Last edited by thefairyandfox; 02-08-2022 at 02:45 PM.

And this is my finished village map:

### Latest WIP ###

Name:	Elm Quay Entry.JPG 
Views:	32 
Size:	1.73 MB 
ID:	132661

A few things are different from the template. First, the tree layout is very different because I originally only saved the link of the generated village, not the image itself, and apparently it re-generates the trees when you open the link again.

I also changed the scale a bit and ended up with fewer houses. Not sure if we were meant to stick as close to the original as possible, but I thought it looked better this way.

This was my first time drawing a village or town map. Fun challenge with the randomly generated layout! I might try to take a couple of nicer pictures in the next few days... otherwise I think this is my final entry. But if anyone has any pointers for what I could improve on, please let me know

Like a lot your trees and houses.

Welcome to the Challenge thefairyandfox!
    Very nice work! It was not required that your map be a perfect rendition of the original, some artistic license is expected.
    A better quality picture or scan would be helpful.

Beautiful work! You transformed that bland, boring village into an interesting piece with lots of detail. Even without colour it has a lot of texture and character. All it really needs is a crop to remove the background and exposure adjustment. It can be done digitally if you know your photo editing software well enough.
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Quote Originally Posted by Marcolino View Post
    Like a lot your trees and houses.
    Thank you Marcolino!

Quote Originally Posted by Bogie View Post
    Welcome to the Challenge thefairyandfox!
    Very nice work! It was not required that your map be a perfect rendition of the original, some artistic license is expected.
    A better quality picture or scan would be helpful.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kisachik the Wanderer View Post
    Beautiful work! You transformed that bland, boring village into an interesting piece with lots of detail. Even without colour it has a lot of texture and character. All it really needs is a crop to remove the background and exposure adjustment. It can be done digitally if you know your photo editing software well enough.
    Thank you Bogie and Kisachik! I've taken your advice and made a scan of the map. Hope this is better!

### Latest WIP ###

Name:	Elm Quay Scan angepasst.jpg 
Views:	59 
Size:	6.08 MB 
ID:	132677

Side note: I also managed to recover the original generated image I worked from, with the correct tree layout

Name:	elm_quay.png 
Views:	19 
Size:	4.94 MB 
ID:	132678

This looks awesome. I like the different roof types mixed together and the detail work on the docks. Are you going colour it?
    View my website and Instagram

Looking good, that scan is way better!

I really love your style thefairyandfox, and love the variations in the buildings too! Awesome work as always.