Thread: Dec/Feb '22 Lite Challenge: Little Whitbell

Post Dec/Feb '22 Lite Challenge: Little Whitbell

Greetings Cartographers!

I was worried I might be too late for this challenge after discovering it fairly late on, but here we go! My first attempt at not only a Lite Mapping Challenge, but also a village map, and I drew it all with pencil, pen and paper (rather than my usual digital)! I really liked the idea of taking a randomly generated map from Watabou and redrawing it, so I was determined to do it even if I didn't finish it in time. Fortunately, I did finish it in time! I also saved quite a few random maps, (it was far too much fun generating them) so i will be sure to do more of this and hopefully learn more with each one. Anyway, I'll stop nattering now and actually show you what I did...

Here’s the generated map from Watabou…

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0853.PNG 
Views:	21 
Size:	1.34 MB 
ID:	132755
    Last edited by AP.; 02-14-2022 at 04:13 PM.

Your interpretation looks great, AP. I like the details in the trees. Just some advice I received with this Lite Challenge: if you're using Latest WIP, only attach one image in one post or else the first image in the post will be picked up by the algorithm. The thumbnail is the generated village.

...and here's my version of the map!

### Latest WiP ###

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Scan.jpeg 
Views:	49 
Size:	3.10 MB 
ID:	132764

Your interpretation looks great, AP. I like the details in the trees. Just some advice I received with this Lite Challenge: if you're using Latest WIP, only attach one image in one post or else the first image in the post will be picked up by the algorithm. The thumbnail is the generated village.
    Thanks for the heads up! And so glad you love it!

Welcome to the Challenge AP, excellent inking/linework!