Thread: Back from a long absence

Default Back from a long absence

Hi everyone!

Hregrin here. I've been a member of the guild a very long time ago. Like, more than 10 years ago, I think. Long enough ago for me to forget my credentials, of course, hence the new account. Then life happened and my roleplaying, and thus mapping, activities declined.

I now have a son who's getting old enough to play TTRPGs, so worldbuilding is back on the menu, and so is mapping.

Here are a couple projections of the master map I made. It's not overly detailed but it's going to be enough since we're playing in a medieval fantastic world and my players will never have access to such a level of detail. The goal is to have a precise enough master map to derive diegetic maps from.

Here's a two-hemisphere projection of the whole world. The continent on the western hemisphere is terra incognita and will-be used for western marches style games later in the campaign.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	apian_two_hemi.png 
Views:	14 
Size:	1.15 MB 
ID:	133268

And here's a conic projection from their starting location, which is of course the first I'll detail.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	equidistant conic.png 
Views:	10 
Size:	896.7 KB 
ID:	133269

So here's to new beginnings, new friends, and to all the knowledge about the cartographer's craft I still have to acquire

Default hello

Welcome Back to the Guild!

Praise Welcome back!

Quote Originally Posted by hregrin View Post

Hregrin here. I've been a member of the guild a very long time ago. Like, more than 10 years ago, I think. Long enough ago for me to forget my credentials, of course, hence the new account. Then life happened and my roleplaying, and thus mapping, activities declined.

I now have a son who's getting old enough to play TTRPGs, so worldbuilding is back on the menu, and so is mapping.
    Welcome back!!

Your maps are wonderful!

I, too, am back after a long hiatus.

Nice to meet you hregrin, may we learn together in the Guild. This must be a really nice feeling, I am fairly young (23) but I imagine when it will be that I have a son and that this son will be discovering the same things I enjoyed now, at his age. To see TTRPG / mapping to have changed so much in those 20 years or so, and yet be a construction upon the old (my old) classical RPGs.
    Is he excited to learn with you?