Thread: Inis Caernon

Map Inis Caernon

This one definitely went faster than I thought!

Here's the map of Inis Caernon and the neighboring isles, the starting location of my family's Pathfinder campaign in a homebrew world. I designed it as a diegetic map, an item the characters themselves could have access to. I went digital hand-drawn. Every resource has been redrawn over, including the text, so as to keep a consistent look and an imperfect style which I think lends itself well to that kind of map. My first idea was to use a background paper texture but it didn't go well enough to my liking, so I've decided to try and print it on aged paper instead to see how it looks. This is the first time I use color on a map, I'm pretty happy with the result.

There are probably a lot of things I could have redone better but I've decided to call it finished since I have a bad habit of keeping projects in the unfinished limbo because they're not perfect. So here we go, it is done.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	40-50N_color.png 
Views:	114 
Size:	5.28 MB 
ID:	133294

Guild Member FantasyMapmakingCo.'s Avatar

It looks really good, I think those colors turned out really nice and the illustrations are beautiful.
    Fantasy Mapmaking Co.
    Hand drawn and leather maps
    If you would like to commission a map please visit my website, here.