Thread: Neogea Planetary View

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Wow, that's very nice! Thank you for sharing. If I had to give any suggestions, I'd say that the planet surface seems a bit, well, distant, perhaps with some atmospheric haze or something. The terrain doesn't "pop" for me. Maybe upping the brightness/sharpness/contrast would make it more... tangible? If that helps. But that doesn't make the piece less enjoyable, I can see you've put a lot of time into it.

Quote Originally Posted by Baron View Post
    Wow, that's very nice! Thank you for sharing. If I had to give any suggestions, I'd say that the planet surface seems a bit, well, distant, perhaps with some atmospheric haze or something. The terrain doesn't "pop" for me. Maybe upping the brightness/sharpness/contrast would make it more... tangible? If that helps. But that doesn't make the piece less enjoyable, I can see you've put a lot of time into it.
    Sorry Baron, I somehow managed to miss your post. Thanks a lot ! Well, I posted the old versions, so... why not the new ones?
    Also, thanks for your view about the terrain. Well, it's hard to work on because I just mashed up some satellite pictures, and the land does look quite "flat" this way. I managed more "snowy mountains" on other planets/moons and probably won't rework (again) Neogea at this point, but I keep in mind this for the next planets I'll have to rework .