Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Eriond style in Krita

Actually that's how I use it too. Get the drawing to broadly look like the result you want then start it passing through Wilbur, then fix it your raster program, then run it through and so on until I actually get the result I'm looking for. The biggest problem I find is Wilbur cutting diagonal or straight lines on areas that get very flat, and those are most of what I end up fixing. The other option is to get height maps from real data either from earth or other planets and then mix and match to stitch together what you want, then run it through Wilbur.

Blog Entries

I'm mostly interested in Wilbur for erosion and rivers, I'm currently exploring other methods and cloud forms to try to get better mountains. Other than the unsatisfactory mountain look wilbur did a decent job on the rest of the map and the rivers. I'm thinking it was mostly my own job at cut n' pasting the mountain sections that ruined it.

Straight or diagonal channels in Wilbur means that you don't have enough noise. If I recall correctly, the Eriond tutorial dates from before the advent of the texture-map rivers in Wilbur, meaning that the tutorial has a tendency to push in lots of really hard channels that don't need to be there.

Blog Entries

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Landmass generation.png 
Views:	15 
Size:	1.22 MB 
ID:	134560 Well after starting over and rereading many tuts, and experimenting. I'm begining the landmass generating with these settings, it seems to be giving nice results so far.
    It almost looks like cotton to me, and in testing, it's giving a nicer form for Wilbur to work with. We'll see how it goes.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12