Thread: June 2023 Challenge: The Banatu Sub-sector

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Quote Originally Posted by Diamond View Post
    ... I do wonder if it would look better to have the star names next to the stars instead of way off to the side?
    I thought the same thing about 5 minutes after I posted. Fortunately, reorienting the ornaments will be easy enough to accomplish. Been rethinking what info will go with/in the ornaments. Thinking that the top of them will have name, spectral class and orbital body icons (still need to come up with something simple and somewhat intuitive for those). The closed section just below will have position data. Wasn't going to include that originally, but seems to make sense now along with the typical travel times table I will include below. The last two sections will more than likely include exportable resources and technical resource availability. Still trying to keep things simple and uncluttered, but make it all "useful" to whoever might be using the "map" to plan a trip.

Edit: The only question I have about listing the positions is whether I should make them relative to the physical center of the sector/Sub-sector, or relative to the unofficial capital system of the sector/Sub-sector? Thoughts or suggestions?
    Last edited by Greason Wolfe; 06-06-2023 at 07:57 PM.
    GW

One's worth is not measured by stature, alone. By heart and honor is One's true value weighed.

Current Non-challenge WIP : Beyond Sosnasib
    Current Lite Challenge WIP : None
    Current Main Challenge WIP : None
    Completed Maps : Various Challenges