Thread: June 2023 challenge: The Hunting dragon

Default June 2023 challenge: The Hunting dragon

I have to participate in this one...I really like the idea, who propose this challenge must be a genious )

So here it goes a little bit of background of my actual D&D campaign:

An ancient civilization of the first era (more or less 7.000 years in the past) disappeared and the only things they left were ruins with few symbols that neither magic could dechiper. One of the characters discovered that he his a descendant of this people, within his vains run a little of the blood of the Ancients.
    Now he is in a mission to discover more secret about that civilization, guided by a book he found in a cemetery belonged to them (cemetery of the ancients). The group already visited a series of bridges in a wild mountains area and in each one learned a little bit of the history and powers of the misterious people. They have the gift of magical voice: only saying something, they could manipulate reality, no rituals, no formulae, apparentely no limits apart from harming others beings intentionally.
    In the last bridge they found a riddle and a series of stone tablets:

"hide in the depth of our biggest city, lies our biggest treasure. To find it, find the hunting dragon, our enemy in the past, so strong that our god painted it to remember us our limits."

Characters must find the ruins of the ancient city and the "paint" of the hunting dragon. The ruins are in the Kush kingdom, while the paint in reality is a constellation, but in more than 7.000 years, stars are no more aligned as that time, so the group will find a book or parchment that could show them the past skies.

The map will show the constellation and the map of the ruined city, I do not know yet how I wil assemble the two. For now here it is the constellation of the Hunting Dragon (sorry if the point will not be 100% in the position show by Diamond, hope this wil not be a problem)

### Latest WIP ###
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20230614_234904 (1).jpg 
Views:	29 
Size:	3.01 MB 
ID:	135875

An innovative take on the challenge. It is a great idea.
    View my website and Instagram

Nice one Simkin! Every sky needs a dragon constellation .

Thank you Ilanthar!

Now, with 24 hours left, this is where I am:

### Latest WIP ###

Name:	hunting dragon.JPG 
Views:	12 
Size:	2.45 MB 
ID:	135927

Hope I find the time to finish the map on time. I ony have to made the lines, color the map, scan it and than insert in the image above... not so much right!

Very Interesting!

Thank you very much Bogie.

I cannot work on the final composition, so I'm not happy of the final result, but with no more time to work, this is my final entry for the challenge

### Latest WIP ###

Name:	hunting dragon.JPG 
Views:	27 
Size:	3.60 MB 
ID:	135945

bye

I like how you filled that blank space with a map!

Guild Expert Facebook Connected XCali's Avatar

I know there is little time left. Though, I wanted to point you in a direction that better translate paper drawn stuff in to digital without having to struggle to cookie cut the stuff out.

Put the paper drawn stuff on a higher layer, (optional but suggested: desaturate the layer.) then put the layer on MULTIPLY. What normally happens is, the white disappears and the darker parts like the line art stays. It saves a lot of time.

This is for a next time, since there is little time left.

(P.S. I started my journey on paper drawing too and scanning it.)

~ Maps-DriveThruRPG ~Free Maps and Assets ~Current Project~

My web novels
    Instagram handle: instagram.com/omrihope
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    ~The heavens declare the glory of God;
    the skies proclaim the work of His hands.
    Day after day they pour forth speech;
    night after night they reveal knowledge.
    ~ Psalm 19