Thread: City of Namydian

Map City of Namydian

"Carved into the side of the mountains and guarding the passage across, the city of Namydian stands tall above one the most important trade routes to the lands beyond. The Autarch of Namydian ensures that every traveling merchant pays a heavy toll before carrying their goods through the pass. On the back of this trade, the city has grown in wealth and population and dominates the surrounding lands. As Namydian has grown in power and riches, the city’s gods have also received larger and more magnificent temples. Religion permeates life in Namydian and beyond the vast temples this is never more apparent than when gazing up at the Tower of a Silence rising high above the rest of the city near the mountains peak. Every day, the dead of Namydian are carried to the top of the Tower where their bodies are left to be picked clean by the carrion birds, allowing their former owners to become one with the earth again."

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	output-onlinejpgtools (3).jpg 
Views:	207 
Size:	3.83 MB 
ID:	135878

This map has been a personal project of mine for the last few months, and my biggest city map yet! Since it is a personal project, feel free to use in your games (personal, non-commercial use only). You can view and download the full resolution versions of both this labeled version as well as an unlabeled version on my DeviantArt page.
    Last edited by Turambar; 06-17-2023 at 11:51 AM.

Very nice work! The layout is cool and the render of the topography is quite impressive!

Quote Originally Posted by Ilanthar View Post
    Very nice work! The layout is cool and the render of the topography is quite impressive!
    Thanks Illanthar! I used Gaea to build the heightmap for the base topography, and then I did the rest in Gimp.

I must have missed this map when you first posted it (I don't think I was very active on the forums around the middle of the year) but this is excellent, I think it's probably my favourite of your maps. The texturing and shading are great and I love the layout of the city and the font you've chosen for the text.
    View my map and asset packs on CartographyAssets or DrivethruRPG. Support my work on Patreon. Take a look at my work on my Website or Instagram.