Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Lord of the rings, middle earth MAP

Guild Journeyer Facebook Connected

Default Lord of the rings, middle earth MAP

I know, nothing very original.
    I know, it's just the middle earth, but it's always a good exercise.
    Hope you like it!
    Best
    Andrea

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	lotr map 23 rgb.jpg 
Views:	210 
Size:	3.44 MB 
ID:	136221

Guild Expert Facebook Connected XCali's Avatar

Praise

Nice. I admire the work you put into this.

Though not original, doing a Tolkien map carries a lot of research along with it. So well done.

I think the way you did your line art is excellent, especially your mountains. The forests though, could have done with some more.

The one thing though that was distracting was the VERY blocky nature of the paper texture.

BUT, I'm nitpicking. I still really like the map. (Couldn't rep you again so soon. So mental rep )

~ Maps-DriveThruRPG ~Free Maps and Assets ~Current Project~

My web novels
    Instagram handle: instagram.com/omrihope
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    ~The heavens declare the glory of God;
    the skies proclaim the work of His hands.
    Day after day they pour forth speech;
    night after night they reveal knowledge.
    ~ Psalm 19

Blog Entries

Yes thats a most enjoyable map to look at. Its quite small so I cant make out the finer details but it looks good overall.

Very nice work. I like how you've coloured the Mordor area. It looks wonderfully sinister (as it should!)
    "We are the music makers, and we are the dreamers of dreams"

I really like your use of light and shadow in this map. The subject matter may not be the most original but I do love seeing this map in different styles and I think this is quite a unique take on it. I really need to get around to doing my own middle earth map or maps one of these days.
    View my map and asset packs on CartographyAssets or DrivethruRPG. Support my work on Patreon. Take a look at my work on my Website or Instagram.

Quote Originally Posted by XCali View Post
    Nice. I admire the work you put into this.

Though not original, doing a Tolkien map carries a lot of research along with it. So well done.

I think the way you did your line art is excellent, especially your mountains. The forests though, could have done with some more.

The one thing though that was distracting was the VERY blocky nature of the paper texture.

BUT, I'm nitpicking. I still really like the map. (Couldn't rep you again so soon. So mental rep )

I block the paper texture because I'm supposed to print it soon or later on a coated paper so the texture hide the "quality" of the real paper.
    I'd like to print it on an uncoated paper but it's pretty difficult to do it online and where I live I don't have a good printer here.

Anyway thank you!!

Quote Originally Posted by Redrobes View Post
    Yes thats a most enjoyable map to look at. Its quite small so I cant make out the finer details but it looks good overall.
    the real size is 29x42 cm.
    One day I'd like to do a 70x50!! (but I don't have time for this in these months :/)

Quote Originally Posted by ChickPea View Post
    Very nice work. I like how you've coloured the Mordor area. It looks wonderfully sinister (as it should!)
    oh! the mordor light in the first version was more darker and with more contrast but I'd like to print it and I have to light the color a little bit.

Quote Originally Posted by wminish View Post
    I really like your use of light and shadow in this map. The subject matter may not be the most original but I do love seeing this map in different styles and I think this is quite a unique take on it. I really need to get around to doing my own middle earth map or maps one of these days.
    The Middle Earth is a good terrain to experiment. Also, in Italy we have a new translation and almost the names are changed (so I have another version to do!)

Would you be willing to allow me to use your map for use in a custom War of the Ring Map? The only adjustment would be no creased paper and no text... Let me know and we can PM.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast