Thread: New and ready to learn!

Post New and ready to learn!

Hey, I'm new here and learning some cartography.

I've been lurking around here and finally decided to make an account. I'm still a pretty big noob to cartography, but I'm trying to map out my town by measuring it myself. I'm starting out small with just the center, but it's still a very daunting task. I'm still looking around the forum and seeing how people create their maps (everyone is so talented) and writing some tips on how to to it myself. I'm not sure how many people before me have done something like this, but I hope I can make some worthy updates in the future when I'm a bit more comfortable with everything.

Other than that intro, I hope to meet a lot of cool people who make great maps!

see ya

Guild Expert Facebook Connected XCali's Avatar

Hi! Welcome to the guild.

I know it can be daunting to do a map. Though, I'll say this, do several smaller attempts. As this is always a good way to iron out techniques. Then when you feel more comfortable you can take on a bigger more complex map.
    Anyway, good luck on your journey!

~ Maps-DriveThruRPG ~Free Maps and Assets ~Current Project~

My web novels
    Instagram handle: instagram.com/omrihope
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    ~The heavens declare the glory of God;
    the skies proclaim the work of His hands.
    Day after day they pour forth speech;
    night after night they reveal knowledge.
    ~ Psalm 19

Hello hello! You should start a thread and share your project and it's progress with us!