Thread: Large region mapping attempt via Wonderdraft

Default Large region mapping attempt via Wonderdraft

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Braghada map.jpg 
Views:	45 
Size:	3.32 MB 
ID:	136226

Hello everyone!

My name is Josip, originally from Croatia but living and working in Canada for almost a decade now.
    I have been browsing this forum and the wonderful work of it's artists for a long time now, taking inspiration from the maps for my DnD sessions over the years.
    Like many DMs I scribble about my imaginary world and adventures, and I recently attempted to map my home-brew world using Wonderdraft. Here is part of that map for your consideration. I'm aware that the nature of the tool used is a significant shortcut, and I used it to produce a usable map for the game in a short time.
    If you are willing to, please leave me some feedback on the map itself, as well as how similar results could be produced by other, more direct tools, and which ones those would be.

Quote Originally Posted by Josip Korculanin View Post
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Braghada map.jpg 
Views:	45 
Size:	3.32 MB 
ID:	136226

Hello everyone!

My name is Josip, originally from Croatia but living and working in Canada for almost a decade now.
    I have been browsing this forum and the wonderful work of it's artists for a long time now, taking inspiration from the maps for my DnD sessions over the years.
    Like many DMs I scribble about my imaginary world and adventures, and I recently attempted to map my home-brew world using Wonderdraft. Here is part of that map for your consideration. I'm aware that the nature of the tool used is a significant shortcut, and I used it to produce a usable map for the game in a short time.
    If you are willing to, please leave me some feedback on the map itself, as well as how similar results could be produced by other, more direct tools, and which ones those would be.

Hey Josip,

I love how you developed the cities to be more than just a symbol! That is really cool and I feel like it helps give an intuitive feel to the population of the area!
    I noticed that the delta by Arbogga curves in rather than fans out. I believe that typically they fan out because they are depositing sediment from up stream.
    I also really like the trade routes/traveling routes that you laid out. I helps connect the world and again lend to understanding the map!

Best of Luck!

Nice map. Really like the layout and colours. Wonderdraft is a good choice in my opinion.