Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Western Isles - an experiment with QGIS

QGIS has evolved so much those last 5 years concerning data representation, textures, blending modes, shadows, png icons.. very nice exemple of what is possible here, beautifull map!

Quote Originally Posted by Ilanthar View Post
    Looks great! You suddenly reanimate my interest for QGIS. I did downloaded (and, not sure, but probably installed) the thing and never used it.
    It's interesting to poke around with, especially if you ever want to map a real world place. There's definitely a bit of a learning curve though.

Quote Originally Posted by Francissimo View Post
    QGIS has evolved so much those last 5 years concerning data representation, textures, blending modes, shadows, png icons.. very nice exemple of what is possible here, beautifull map!
    Thanks for your kind words, Francissimo. I know you're a big fan of QGIS and have made some great maps in the past with it. I'm trying to learn more about the software as I have a Big Plan for a map where I'll use it.
    "We are the music makers, and we are the dreamers of dreams"

This is awesome. I too have been in QGIS lately and playing around with it. I'm doing vintage-airline-poster-route-map style stuff right now; I have it all on flickr but it is easy to find with a key word search of either "Super Chief Airlines" or "Dalton Airlines". I think I may have to try an antiquity or fantasy theme soon though! I'll try to get a few of them uploaded here.

Thanks! I see you've uploaded some of your work and I'll comment in those threads. QGIS is a lot of fun and dabbling in it has enthused me for map-making again. It opens up so many more possibilities.

I'd be interested to see what you do if you try a fantasy or old-style map in QGIS.
    "We are the music makers, and we are the dreamers of dreams"

I'm not familiar with QGIS but this turned out nicely, especially for a first run.

Cheers,
    -Arsheesh

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12