Thread: Map comission for a videogame

Map Map comission for a videogame

Hello.

I am in need of a world map for a videogame that is being developed right now.
    There are quite a few restrictions when it comes to how the map can look like, but that can be discussed later.
    This would be a longer time period paid collaboration more than a commission. I am looking for someone with who I can iterate over the map and continuously develop is as the story of the game is finalized and locations established.
    The game is over a year in development, and now we are ready to start really laying down a prototype version of the game, so this would be a fairly rigorous process to get the map just right.

If you are interested, please feel free to message me on Discord - ingusB#9635
    we can then discuss the pricing and details of the map in a more dynamic environment.

Thank you in advance, have a great day
    Ingus

Blog Entries

Hello IngusB and welcome to the guild.

We have numerous extremely capable artists on the guild and I am sure somebody will want to take this up. Just curious, approximately what kind of style are you looking for. Is this pure art, or 3D terrain, mostly city, or wilderness / world style mapping or all of it ? And I assume still fantasy or is it modern. Just a general idea would help people know if they are suitable I think.

Quote Originally Posted by Redrobes View Post
    Hello IngusB and welcome to the guild.

We have numerous extremely capable artists on the guild and I am sure somebody will want to take this up. Just curious, approximately what kind of style are you looking for. Is this pure art, or 3D terrain, mostly city, or wilderness / world style mapping or all of it ? And I assume still fantasy or is it modern. Just a general idea would help people know if they are suitable I think.

Yes, that is a very valid point.

* Pure art
    * wilderness with a village in the center'ish
    * the map should encapsulate the entire playable world area
    * this is a fantasy map (held to some physics rules, but not too strict, has to match the sheet of criteria (will list below))

The map would be just a visual representation of the world for development use only and would not show up in the game itself for now.

The project is a 16th century, fantasy inspired pixel art RPG.

The map would initially be just a landmass/location prototype so the style would be a free choice, where the person feels most comfortable in.
    The core value for us here is the landmass design. We need someone who can create the world with only references given. The visual style would be a priority once the landmass is fully established.

Current requirements:
    Map design criteria

- Map needs to have a mountain area (preferably in a side or corner of the landmass)
    - Map needs to have the village in the center of it
    - Village needs to be on the side of a river
    - Map needs to have 3-5 rivers in total
    - Map needs to have an island or two that are big enough to be slightly explorable
    - Map needs to have space for at least 20 points of interest (with room for ~10 more in the future)
    - Map size is irrelevant in pixels, since it will be traced in a scaled version
    - The village should be able to host ~20 houses, with a town square, and church (with graveyard) on it.
    - The church and graveyard should be in a secluded place of the village
    - The village should take up a fairly small space of the map
    - Map should be split into regions (regions TBD)
    - Map should be separated by mountainous cliffs, just so that it would not be traversable in a straight line
    - The map should be a natural environment (in medieval ages) - no tech city streets or anything like that
    - The map should have 3 bridges that are vital for crossing rivers

Guild Expert Facebook Connected XCali's Avatar

I am considering this. Though, the discord handle doesn't seem to work.

~ Maps-DriveThruRPG ~Free Maps and Assets ~Current Project~

My web novels
    Instagram handle: instagram.com/omrihope
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    ~The heavens declare the glory of God;
    the skies proclaim the work of His hands.
    Day after day they pour forth speech;
    night after night they reveal knowledge.
    ~ Psalm 19

Quote Originally Posted by XCali View Post
    I am considering this. Though, the discord handle doesn't seem to work.
    Send me a message in email Ingus.Betmans@gmail.com
    I checked out your work, and I think you could be exactly the person I am looking for.

Hi , this is my pf , if you are interested let me know and I can contact you on DS.

Found a person to take care of this commission.

I really appreciate this page and everyone who reached out.
    Have a great day