Thread: New member introduction

Info New member introduction

I just discovered this site today and promptly joined.

I was born and raised in the US, but have lived in Japan for the last 40+ years.
    I have been running Kurodahan Press (kurodahan.com) for over a decade, publishing Japanese literature in English translation.

Personally, I love literature of all types, but these days mostly dark fantasy, although I'm currently reading the Faerie Queene in the original.
    Maps have always fascinated me, starting with historical atlases of every flavor (I have dozens), but also (perhaps especially) fictional maps.
    I have Jason Thompson's map of the Dreamlands on the wall to my right, in fact.

I have been slowly learning CC+, and finding it very difficult after decades of AI, PS, InD etc. in commercial work.
    I suspect I'll end up hiring somebody one of these days to make some fantasy maps for me, but not in the immediate future.

Good to be here.

Quote Originally Posted by elipsett View Post
    I just discovered this site today and promptly joined.

I was born and raised in the US, but have lived in Japan for the last 40+ years.
    I have been running Kurodahan Press (kurodahan.com) for over a decade, publishing Japanese literature in English translation.

Personally, I love literature of all types, but these days mostly dark fantasy, although I'm currently reading the Faerie Queene in the original.
    Maps have always fascinated me, starting with historical atlases of every flavor (I have dozens), but also (perhaps especially) fictional maps.
    I have Jason Thompson's map of the Dreamlands on the wall to my right, in fact.

I have been slowly learning CC+, and finding it very difficult after decades of AI, PS, InD etc. in commercial work.
    I suspect I'll end up hiring somebody one of these days to make some fantasy maps for me, but not in the immediate future.

Good to be here.
    Welcome to the Guild! If you are more versed in PS and AI there are certainly many cartographers on this site who use those tools, and there are many resources and tutorials here on the forum (as well as for CC+ and other programs).

Quote Originally Posted by Turambar View Post
    Welcome to the Guild! If you are more versed in PS and AI there are certainly many cartographers on this site who use those tools, and there are many resources and tutorials here on the forum (as well as for CC+ and other programs).
    The bitmaps for CC3+ are very useful, and their pricing is certainly better than Adobe.
    I'm originally from Bethesda, as it happens... can't get much closer to DC without being in DC.