Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Le Royaume de Duyin

Guild Master Facebook Connected - JO -'s Avatar

I don't know if I'm allowed to post another map since it's supposed to be a finished map, but I'll try to take some comments and remarks since I'm not happy with my "first finished map"...

I added rhumb lines and some nuances in the ocean... I made the island lighter and the parchmint too... I'm not sure it's better this way...

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Duyin2.jpg 
Views:	28 
Size:	8.60 MB 
ID:	136435

Really love the land shape and the forest relief. If I may, I'd have put something around the location markers to make them appart for the rest of the map a little bit as they're not really integrated to the background, but that's nitpicking, the map is great !

Guild Master Facebook Connected - JO -'s Avatar

Thank you Thomas! I'll try your suggestion... after I've solved my map harmony problem. There's always something that bothers me about the overall balance of colours, elements and frame, but I still can't work out what it is...

Not sure you have a color balance problem. Maybe more a contrast issue with the ocean. Have you tried adding more hues of blue in the sea ? Maybe having the shallow waters brighter ?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12