Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Noviroth & Surrounding Lands (personal work)

Default Noviroth & Surrounding Lands (personal work)

Ho there, fellow Guild members! Hope you're all keeping well.

I've had a busy summer and autumn, working on a couple of big commissions that I'm not allowed to share just yet. But after wrapping up the latest one, I've had a rare empty bit in my commission schedule, which has given me some time to work on a few personal maps again.

This one is very random, not really related to any worldbuilding project, just a style experiment. The original inspiration for this was the desire to create a map and a realm evoking a fairy tale atmosphere. I honestly meant to create something that was bright and colourful for a change, but as I started experimenting with the style of the mountains, I finally ended up settling on this muted colour scheme instead. I leopard can't change its spots and all that... but at least it's not super dark?

Nice to have time to do personal maps again. Let me know what you think!

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Noviroth_final_watermarked.jpg 
Views:	262 
Size:	3.58 MB 
ID:	136455
    Homepage | Instagram | Facebook | Artstation
    Just give me liquorice and nobody gets hurt.

Very good map, elegant and clear. I really like the mountain style.

I love the sketchy lines that give the map a lot of personnality, the icons are marvelously integrated into the background (kudos for the ones on the North West island) and the overall look and composition are stellar. Splendid work Kellerica !

Oh I absolutely love this! The mountains are very well done and the forests are dreamy. I love the little icons too. This is officially my new favourite map of yours (until the next one!!)
    "We are the music makers, and we are the dreamers of dreams"

Those little clouds! I love them!

I love this. How did you mange to do the forests?

Quote Originally Posted by Simkin View Post
    Very good map, elegant and clear. I really like the mountain style.
    Thank you!

Quote Originally Posted by ThomasR View Post
    I love the sketchy lines that give the map a lot of personnality, the icons are marvelously integrated into the background (kudos for the ones on the North West island) and the overall look and composition are stellar. Splendid work Kellerica !
    Thanks, man! The sketchy look was very much an experiment, so I'm glad if it works.

Quote Originally Posted by ChickPea View Post
    Oh I absolutely love this! The mountains are very well done and the forests are dreamy. I love the little icons too. This is officially my new favourite map of yours (until the next one!!)
    Haha, thanks, CP! Hopefully the next one won't be too long...

Quote Originally Posted by KMAlexander View Post
    Those little clouds! I love them!
    Inspired by the low-hanging clouds I keep seeing hug the Scottish hills around my home village on my way to work

Quote Originally Posted by eViLe_eAgLe View Post
    I love this. How did you mange to do the forests?
    Thanks! The forests are made up of a layer of singular trees (placed by hand), two more layers of trees on lower opacities on top of the first (a seamless tree pattern I made of the trees from the original forest layer, painted in with a soft brush) and finished off with a couple of layers of a faded green colour painted with a watercolour brush.
    Last edited by Kellerica; 10-20-2023 at 04:21 AM.
    Homepage | Instagram | Facebook | Artstation
    Just give me liquorice and nobody gets hurt.

I don't really know how to do those forests, but I keep liking when I saw them. The "dark" mountains and icons work very well and I love the line art of the coasts & lands.
    On a more general note, everything works very well giving the map a unique particular feel. Great map!

The map looks modern, precise and sharp. Wouldn't mind seeing it in a fantasy comic. As for the setting, the half-moon mountains look beautiful!

Beautiful and elegant! Nice work!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast