Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Hi All

Default Hi All

Hi Everyone, I’m a map maker who mainly done work for my own campaigns and adventures. I’ve entered the one page dungeon contest a few times and got a good response. I thrown a few things up on online which has led to people reaching out for commissions. I’d like to do more and be more professional about it but life gets in the way.

Blog Entries

Good to have you join Bob. If your getting requests for commissions on first posts then your stuff must be alright ! Cant wait to see some more. Welcome.

Quote Originally Posted by Bigfootbob View Post
    Hi Everyone, I’m a map maker who mainly done work for my own campaigns and adventures. I’ve entered the one page dungeon contest a few times and got a good response. I thrown a few things up on online which has led to people reaching out for commissions. I’d like to do more and be more professional about it but life gets in the way.
    Hi there. Sounds like you've done some good maps! Could I ask where you've been posting your work online?

Quote Originally Posted by MikesMaps View Post
    Hi there. Sounds like you've done some good maps! Could I ask where you've been posting your work online?

I've put some stuff up on Reddit and a couple of Facebook groups mainly. It's so sporadic that I don't feel I can do a dedicated Instagram account or website.

FYI I'm round the corner in Weston!

I've put some stuff up on Reddit and a couple of Facebook groups mainly. It's so sporadic that I don't feel I can do a dedicated Instagram account or website.

Nice. I've concentrated on DeviantArt of late, although no commissions from there as yet. Well done with getting commissions yourself. Ah yes, just down the road from you!

You don't have to regularly update your website, just having it is good practise if you want to get commissions. My website is a major source of commissions for me.

Click my banner, behold my art! Fantasy maps for Dungeons and Dragons, RPGS, novels.
    No obligation, free quotes. I also make custom PC / NPC / monster tokens.
    Contact me: calthyechild@gmail.com or _ti_ (Discord) to discuss a map!

I've seen your maps around! Good luck they are great!

It's definitely worth building a portfolio, at least on Instagram or even DeviantArt, and eventually your own website. Welcome to the Guild though! I look forward to seeing you around

- Josh

Quote Originally Posted by Tiana View Post
    You don't have to regularly update your website, just having it is good practise if you want to get commissions. My website is a major source of commissions for me.
    Good to know. So far my website is anything but a source of commissions!

I'm closed for commissions from 7th December 2023. Contact me via my website, DeviantArt, or Discord (mikesmaps).

Quote Originally Posted by Tiana View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by MikesMaps View Post
    Good to know. So far my website is anything but a source of commissions!
    How do you guys get traffic to your websites?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast