Thread: Battlemap - Cyberpunk setting, floating multilevel platform

Map Battlemap - Cyberpunk setting, floating multilevel platform

Hi! I haven't done this before, so apologies if I give too much or too little information.

Subject

I'm looking to run a Cyberpunk:RED game which involves a team of mercenaries being sent to a platform out in the ocean that looks like a renewable energy plant, but houses a clandestine, government-run data center. I envision the platform looking something like an oil rig mixed with this.

I currently envision three "floors" - the surface level with some accoutrements of energy collection, vents for using ocean water for cooling the data center (the Blue Frontier link above has a picture of some of those), something like a helipad, a crane for unloading/loading to/from boats. One level deep with an outer perimeter that still keeps up the appearances of the energy platform, has living quarters, has ways to move further in to the data center, barracks. Two levels down should be "cold storage", airgapped servers used for archiving data.

All levels should have defense systems, but in the parts that look like an energy platform should be more concealed, either made to look like something else or actively hidden under stuff or behind walls.

Style

I'm looking for a battlemap - bird's-eye view of each level of the structure. The maps are for use in a Cyberpunk:RED story, so using cyberpunk themes/tech/colors, in a way that fits a government-run black site data center masquerading as an eco-friendly green energy platform.

The technology should match Cyberpunk:RED.

The setting is a massive part of the story, so I'd like to be able to work __with__ the cartographer on this, and assume there will be a bit of an iterative process. I don't know much about structures, so I've been struggling to really define things. I have some ideas I'd like to see incorporated, but am interested in conversation about what makes sense and what doesn't. I hope that doesn't make me sound nitpicky, and I'd like to reassure that I'm not.

Quality & Size

I'd like to be able to import this into either FoundryVTT or Roll20, but do not need professional quality, nor do I need to print it.

Time Constraints

I don't have any specific time constraints, and I'm more interested in making sure this comes out right than by a certain date.

Copyright

I'm fine with the artist retaining copyright of the maps, I'd just ask that if I ever get around to writing up the story to a degree that I wouldn't mind posting online, that I could include the maps. (I wouldn't intend to make money off of that, it would be free.) If that's an issue, please lmk - it's not a sticking point for me.

Contact Details

Feel free to respond here - this is my first post so I can't DM yet. My email is buy computer 40 at the venerated gmail domain (just take out the spaces).

Blog Entries

Hello and welcome to the guild. Always better to give too much information than not enough and I think you have covered it well.

If this is a paid commission, I'd be interested. If it's not, I still might add it to my 'make for Roll20 resale' list just no guarantees on how fast that will happen.

Click my banner, behold my art! Fantasy maps for Dungeons and Dragons, RPGS, novels.
    No obligation, free quotes. I also make custom PC / NPC / monster tokens.
    Contact me: calthyechild@gmail.com or _ti_ (Discord) to discuss a map!

Quote Originally Posted by Tiana View Post
    If this is a paid commission, I'd be interested. If it's not, I still might add it to my 'make for Roll20 resale' list just no guarantees on how fast that will happen.
    Thanks for replying! I'm also talking with some others that reached out from the top post, but have not settled with anyone yet. Do you have an idea what the price range would be?

Here are the only two cyberpunk maps I've made.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	starlight club long low res watermarked.jpg 
Views:	10 
Size:	888.0 KB 
ID:	136608Click image for larger version. 

Name:	sanfran cyberpunk4.jpg 
Views:	16 
Size:	740.4 KB 
ID:	136609

And an experiment in Blender I never finished.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	cyberpunk street 3.jpg 
Views:	32 
Size:	1.06 MB 
ID:	136610

I'd charge $75 per level for a total of $225.

Click my banner, behold my art! Fantasy maps for Dungeons and Dragons, RPGS, novels.
    No obligation, free quotes. I also make custom PC / NPC / monster tokens.
    Contact me: calthyechild@gmail.com or _ti_ (Discord) to discuss a map!

Default Yay!

I wanted to post that this request has been taken. Thanks for the responses!