Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Xeon v3 (3rd Attempt at World Building)

Hi Stiophan, first, great map!
    Really a pristine job with the tectonics, really amazing. I don't even what are those colors in the lines kkkk And after L1qu1dN1trog3n remarks I can add nothing but a lay view.
    From my point of view I just think a lite bit strange the conection Ordaqa and Sarona, like their tectonic plate should meet in that V upwards.
    Anyway, looking forward to learn about more techtonics with your maps

Guild Member

Hi Ink_alpinist, thank you so much for your kind comments, you are correct about Oradqa/Sarona in the v shape should be the other way. Since doing more research there are quite a few other flaws as well namely island chains on the wrong side of subduction zones.

I think I will go back to GPLates and spend a bit more time on that. I did quick effort for the continents then drew in the oceanic plates/island chains later on in Photoshop.

Port Development, British Columbia, Canada

Hi Stiophan! Never does a seemingly flawed project waste my time, and honestly speaking, I couldn't even see any tectonic errors in your project offhand.

Every worldbuilder makes somewhat of an erroneous calculation or assumption in the construction of their worlds, because even the most eminent scientists don't yet understand the relevant geologic/astronomical processes with infinite accuracy. Even equations are approximations based on a set of assumptions, except perhaps the ones pertaining to gravity as felt by two bodies. Add a third and you get utter chaos, which may or may not result in a stable system. I've come to terms with one fact: that perfection can never be achieved, no matter how avidly you seek it. Naima explained this to me in my recent submission, in which I'm attempting to determine the atmospheric circulation regime on my planet. I agree with him that utter precision isn't necessary to tell the entire story, which concerns people and their lives rather than numbers. (Thanks Naima!)

I'm sure your final project will be fantastic just as your last one was! Especially your mountains, and I emphasize mountains because I still cannot come up with a reliable process to generate them accurately. Just wondering: do you use raster or vector in your mapmaking?

At any rate, I'm eagerly following this project!

Peter

Guild Member

Hi Peter, thank you for your support, that really means a lot. I use Photoshop on Mac with a tablet currently, I did try Inkscape and another couple of vector programs but found them to be very laggy.

Kind regards

Stìophan

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12