Thread: Atlas Awards 2024 Reminder

Default Atlas Awards 2024 Reminder

Hi Everyone, this is a friendly reminder about next year's atlas awards. If you want your maps from this year to be considered for an award they each need to be posted to their own thread in the finished maps forum before the end of the year (I would recommend not leaving it to the last day of the month as well as the map may not be visible to everyone due to timezones). We will be running the same categories as last year, it looks like we have a much smaller pool of maps this year anyway so it doesn't make sense to change things up. I'll be starting up to nominations sometime in January and you can use the link below to check if your map is showing up in the eligible list.

Atlas Awards 2024 Eligible Maps

The categories for 2024 will be as follows

Best Large area map (Space, World, Continental, Regional) - NOMINATE TWO
    This will be a heavily overloaded category, so we're asking you to nominate TWO maps, and there will be TWO winners. In other words, the first and second-placed maps will BOTH get an award (if there's a tie at the top, only the tied first-placed maps will win).

Best Local area (City, Town, Village)

Best Small area (Building, structure, space ship, dungeon)

Best Black & White Map
    Maps in this category can be hand-drawn or digital, but they should be almost entirely black & white, or monochrome.

Your favourite map from the last year
    We want to see the maps that you simply loved most from last year. For example, you might feel 'Map A' is technically superior to 'Map B', but 'Map B' ticks all the boxes for you and you can't stop looking at it. That's what we want to see in this category, and any style is acceptable.

View my map and asset packs on CartographyAssets or DrivethruRPG. Support my work on Patreon. Take a look at my work on my Website or Instagram.

Thanks for the reminder. I think I have a challenge map that I need to repost (not that I'm expecting a nomination, but I like re-posting my work to finished maps).

I hope everyone will submit anything they made this year to the Finished Maps forum before the 31st!
    "We are the music makers, and we are the dreamers of dreams"

Hi Everyone, just a friendly reminder to vote for this year's Atlas Award winners as we are already about halfway through the voting period. Find the voting thread here.

(I'm posting in this thread as messages from the main voting thread don't seem to be showing up on the activity feed)
    View my map and asset packs on CartographyAssets or DrivethruRPG. Support my work on Patreon. Take a look at my work on my Website or Instagram.

Quote Originally Posted by wminish View Post
    Hi Everyone, just a friendly reminder to vote for this year's Atlas Award winners as we are already about halfway through the voting period. Find the voting thread here.

(I'm posting in this thread as messages from the main voting thread don't seem to be showing up on the activity feed)
    Thanks for the reminder. I didn't even realize that voting was up!

There are only 2 days left to vote in the Atlas Awards 2024, make sure you get in and cast your vote. A few categories are tied currently so it would be great to see a bunch more votes before we finish up.

I'm planning to end voting on Monday evening my time (I'm in New Zealand which is GMT +13 currently) so that will correspond roughly to Monday morning for those in Europe and Sunday night for those in the Americas.

Only 24 hours remain to vote for the 2024 Atlas Awards, it would be great to get more votes in before voting ends so be sure to have your say before time runs out.

Atlas Awards voting is now closed, thanks to everyone who took part. The winners will be announced soon (probably next weekend as that's when I'll next have time).