Thread: How to distort map when zooming on Wonderdraft?

Default How to distort map when zooming on Wonderdraft?

Hello all, first post here.

I have made a world map on Wonderdraft and would like to zoom in to make local maps. However, I'd like the zoomed maps to warp to the latitude of the local area (for instance, Russia looks different on a map of Russia than it does on a map of the world because a world map is centered on the equator while a map of Russia is centered on whatever latitude level is at the middle of Russia).

It doesn't appear that there's any way to do this in-app; does anyone here know a way to fiddle with the app controls or have some sort of plugin thing I can use? I'm no good at coding.

Thank you very much!

Quote Originally Posted by DougtheDonkey View Post
    Hello all, first post here.

I have made a world map on Wonderdraft and would like to zoom in to make local maps. However, I'd like the zoomed maps to warp to the latitude of the local area (for instance, Russia looks different on a map of Russia than it does on a map of the world because a world map is centered on the equator while a map of Russia is centered on whatever latitude level is at the middle of Russia).

It doesn't appear that there's any way to do this in-app; does anyone here know a way to fiddle with the app controls or have some sort of plugin thing I can use? I'm no good at coding.

Thank you very much!
    Check out GProjector. Its free and might help with this. Otherwise you could use QGIS, but that has a larger learning curve.

Question

Quote Originally Posted by Turambar View Post
    Check out GProjector. Its free and might help with this. Otherwise you could use QGIS, but that has a larger learning curve.
    Thank you! Are either of these applicable with Wonderdraft so I can keep the data of coastlines and colors and stuff, or would I have to move out of wonderdraft at this point?

Quote Originally Posted by DougtheDonkey View Post
    Thank you! Are either of these applicable with Wonderdraft so I can keep the data of coastlines and colors and stuff, or would I have to move out of wonderdraft at this point?
    You will definitely have to move out of Wonderdraft. However, you can export your original wonderdraft map as a jpg and upload it to GProjector if you want.