Quote Originally Posted by Turambar View Post
I'm not the best source on traditional supplies (I draw digitally) but I would second the recommendation of Jared Blando's mapping book. If you want some free online tutorials, I would check out mapeffects.com by Josh Stolarz, www.fantasticmaps.com by Jonathan Roberts, DimensionDoor on Instagram, and MapsbyOwen and FantasyCartography on Youtube. Not to mention the plentiful excellent tutorials here on the forums.
Hi and thank you very much, Im new so things are not easy, but I will continuously learn from tutorials and books, ordered Blandos book, but looking for more, be it medieval or fantasy books, Im especially interested in dungeons when it comes to DnD, so any artist, youtuber or resources on books will be great if you put in comments guys, I will be greatful for any source of information on traditional art, not digital for now. Im also interested for example in old style of maps of treasures kinda in a pirate way if Im putting it well, due to my limited English skills, but I hope stuff I talk about is clear, maybe wooden, leather maps, but what I really need is a source of info as I mentioned, specifically Im book collector, thats maybe what still holds my interest more to have the nice limited edition on the shelf rather than in digital form, though that is probably easier to obtain and much more comfortable, Im kinda old fashioned maybe. Any informations how to create such maps, materials, tools, what to study and learn all this stuff will be very useful to improve my skills and techniques, Im interested in calligraphy and its my big hobby especially blacklettering, gothic styles like bastarda etc, I think its also art that would have some usage in cartography, specificaly maybe maps in pirate style or medieval maps, these attracts me beside the DnD dungeon creation most, not traditional materials to work with, I think its also a matter of experimenting, but to have some tutorials its extremely useful for a beginner, I start small bought some UNI set of fineliners, because Pigma micron wasnt in stock, so Im sure it can make work done and brand of liners isnt that important, from what Iv seen as a review they should be pretty decent. Have a great New Year guys, looking forward for comments