Thread: The Ardent Haraen

Map The Ardent Haraen

Hey, it's me again

This one was drawn for a private RPG party. It is part of a world where several comets hit the land and magically modified the aquifers, hence thee several oases in the (large) desert area. The larger crater is partially visible in the top left corner.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Fredo post.jpg 
Views:	111 
Size:	1.67 MB 
ID:	136828

It is home of two main populations : nomadic tribes of the desert and a naga kingdom. I tried to convey those two cultural influences in the border and compass. About the compass, the enameled look of the snakes was fun to draw. Working on a map that is mainly desert is not an easy task but it is not my first rodeo so, I tried to balance empty and interesting. Hope I managed

I also hope you like it

Cheers !

Thomas

PS : drawing a map without labels was definitely not something I disliked

Guild Master Facebook Connected - JO -'s Avatar

What a success this desert is! As you say, it's not easy to fill an empty space, but here it's a real success: the dunes are particularly well rendered. And the snakes are scary as hell! Bravo !

I love those sweeping sand dunes! And the snakes! What must have been quite a tricky commission turned out beautifully.
    "We are the music makers, and we are the dreamers of dreams"

I especially love the compass and you've outdone yourself on the desert !

Quote Originally Posted by - JO - View Post
    What a success this desert is! As you say, it's not easy to fill an empty space, but here it's a real success: the dunes are particularly well rendered. And the snakes are scary as hell! Bravo !
    Glad you think so Joël Variation is the key to that dull space. And glad the scalies gives you the shivers, they did their job !

Quote Originally Posted by ChickPea View Post
    I love those sweeping sand dunes! And the snakes! What must have been quite a tricky commission turned out beautifully.
    Thanks Ruby A follow up showing another part of that world should follow early this year.

Quote Originally Posted by Ilanthar View Post
    I especially love the compass and you've outdone yourself on the desert !
    Merci Julien