Thread: Ampliterra

Map Ampliterra

Hey Guildies,

This one was drawn for a TTRPG publication. The team was Oh so nice to work with and the map pretty cool to work on with a nice flow of the land. Sadia Bies, the art director and Austin Frank, the author, both had a strong vision of this world and, while freedom is nice sometimes, giving flesh to someone's world when they know precisely what they want has it's perks.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Ampliterra map Final post.jpg 
Views:	146 
Size:	886.9 KB 
ID:	136829

Once again, the compass was a nice recreation amidst the creation of this map.

Hope you like it

Cheers !

Thomas

Guild Master Facebook Connected - JO -'s Avatar

It's on this map that we see the extent of your talent: it's very much "Thomas Rey", but at the same time, it's very different from the others, not only in the colors, but also in the way you draw elements like the storm. Perhaps, as you say, it's also due to the precise ideas of your clients, which have guided your work? In any case, it's very fine work.

I like the subtler colours in this one. It allows the central 'storm' area to really pop. Lots of cool details to discover too as you look closer.
    "We are the music makers, and we are the dreamers of dreams"

Quote Originally Posted by - JO - View Post
    It's on this map that we see the extent of your talent: it's very much "Thomas Rey", but at the same time, it's very different from the others, not only in the colors, but also in the way you draw elements like the storm. Perhaps, as you say, it's also due to the precise ideas of your clients, which have guided your work? In any case, it's very fine work.
    WOW, I did not see that one coming ! Merci beaucoup Joël, c'est une énorme compliment I don't really know what says a map is mine. My coastlines have a hand in it, as well as the long and tedious way I draw my mountains and there's the use of color too but overall, it's a mysterious combination of lots of stuff. The storm is the child of several experimentations over the years where I used different colors for some parts of the linework, it might boil down to this and the repeated use of the same four or five custom brushes with variations. Having a good guide that also can listen to the mapmaker's feedback sure helps a lot to deliver something that looks good

Quote Originally Posted by ChickPea View Post
    I like the subtler colours in this one. It allows the central 'storm' area to really pop. Lots of cool details to discover too as you look closer.
    Yeah, I went with a stormy palette for the sea to compliment the storm and used muted colors on the land to have the ornaments pop a little more (my compass vanity I guess ). Thanks for the kind words scarlet lady

Hey, I missed this one somehow. Another very good map and that compass is also very elegant.