Thread: World map with some assets

Post World map with some assets

What I am looking for:
    Looking for artist/cartographer to create a world map (for use in my ttrpg campaign, used for overworld navigation/travel). I already have world map (so can use it a skeleton for the real one. It includes main rivers, mountains and biomes (forests, tundra...), BUT only part of it needs to be "relatively close enough" to already existing map (players have uncovered it), rest of it can be changed depending on artist views/ideas (adding lakes, extra mountains, changing biomes...).
    The main details in the map needed:
    Approximate shape, mountains, rivers, with colour (though, possible to have black/white in case if style of very good). If possible biomes should be neatly delineated (grassland, forest, taiga, swamp... most likely just different colors/tones used).

Another thing is, I would want to have some assets (examples mentioned below). Main map would be used as a base and as players would explore it, would add those assets to fill the map (so very preferable that style of assets would approximately match the style of the map). For example, players find a city, I would just add city asset on the map in VTT (virtual table top). Map would need only 1 unique city icon "baked" into map.

Must have assets (icons?):
    City
    Town
    Village
    Fort
    Cave
    Tower
    House
    Holy-site/Temple
    "Dungeon"

Maybe (just doodling some ideas):
    Dangerous-creature (or maybe just danger?)
    Mines? (kind of similar as cave, so maybe not?)
    "Special" - something which kind of pops out a bit more on the map (most likely a raven?).

Commission:
    Willing to pay around 90-150$. Depends on quality of work and amount of assets artist is willing to produce. Open for discussion.

Style:
    Map would be used in VTT, so PNG would be preferable (but JPG works too). Needs to be topdown - so can use measurement tools for distance.
    Not sure if that helps, but trying to have Dungeon Crawl Classic (basically old school DnD) + warhammer fantasy (grimdark, possibly references to god Morr) + dark/funky humour wibes. Otherwise open to ideas.

Time Constraints:
    None, but preferable 1-2 month time.

Copyright:
    I would use this map (and assets) for my games only. So whenever map is displayed, full credit is given to artist. You retain ownership of the map and are free to use it hoever you want (hell, can even write your name in corner of the map as the Map maker ). If not mistaken, we are talking about CC BY-NC ?

Extra info:
    Skeleton map was made with Azgaars Fantasy Map Generator. Will provide the file of the map (this is file for Azgaars Fantasy Map Generator: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1-vG...ew?usp=sharing), picture of it will be in attachementsClick image for larger version. 

Name:	MorrLandsMap.png 
Views:	30 
Size:	1.55 MB 
ID:	136839.
    By uploading it https://azgaar.github.io/Fantasy-Map-Generator/ you can view the map.
    Appoximate biomes can be seen hovering over the map (no need to pixel hunt and recreate them, "close enough" will work in most cases).
    Relief layer can be used as inspiration/reference about mountains/denser-forests. Warning: The map is large, so it can take time to navigate with this layer turned on.
    Map size can be decreased. Players have mostly explored zone around markers on the map.

Hopefully this is all info needed for your decision.
    To contact me outside of website please write mankomancer-+at+-gmail.com (remove the -+ and +- and replace at with you know what). Or discord "mankomancer".

Hi, be happy to do this map for you, Mankomancer, I sent you a Discord friend request so we can talk about it if you haven't found someone to do it yet.

Click my banner, behold my art! Fantasy maps for Dungeons and Dragons, RPGS, novels.
    No obligation, free quotes. I also make custom PC / NPC / monster tokens.
    Contact me: calthyechild@gmail.com or _ti_ (Discord) to discuss a map!

Commission has been taken. Thanks for the offers.