Thread: First draft for the continent map my story is based in

Question First draft for the continent map my story is based in

So this is a first big map project. My main question is do the geographic regions work? The continent is the size of Africa on an earth like planet. The continent is like 70% above the equator 30% below. The world will have magic and I am explaining the huge grass lands with unground rivers that can sometimes send massive geysers that create temporary oasis. Any and all constructive criticism is welcome and thank you for your time.

Peace
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0844.jpeg 
Views:	33 
Size:	3.08 MB 
ID:	136882  

Hi, Compass. Look geography isn't really my strongest point, but your biomes looks a bit like vertical stripes, when usually they are horizontal stripes, but this is "acurate" earth due to the latitudes. See:

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Biomas terrestres.jpg 
Views:	11 
Size:	335.7 KB 
ID:	136887

Also, I would recommend you to draw the equator line, it could help you visualize better. And finally there is this video and channel that has been of great help to me: https://youtu.be/X3abr8yAuxk?si=s3X671UWGWexz1Au, the worldbuilding corner.

Make good use!

Quote Originally Posted by Ink_alpinist View Post
    Hi, Compass. Look geography isn't really my strongest point, but your biomes looks a bit like vertical stripes, when usually they are horizontal stripes, but this is "acurate" earth due to the latitudes. See:

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Biomas terrestres.jpg 
Views:	11 
Size:	335.7 KB 
ID:	136887

Also, I would recommend you to draw the equator line, it could help you visualize better. And finally there is this video and channel that has been of great help to me: https://youtu.be/X3abr8yAuxk?si=s3X671UWGWexz1Au, the worldbuilding corner.

Make good use!
    Thanks Ink_alpinist. I am going to convert it to digital so I will add the equator then. Also the video will be a big help.