Thread: January/February 2024 Challenge: Rodinia and the Great Deluge

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Pretty interesting project, there must be a lot of informed research behind !

Quote Originally Posted by Ink_alpinist View Post
    Cool you put Jerusalem in it. Also you started inking! The font for rodinia and its frame is nice, forward we go!
    Thank you! I'm using a light graphite so if I don't ink in the elements I know I want, I'll surely wipe them off. Lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Naima View Post
    Pretty interesting project, there must be a lot of informed research behind !
    Thanks! The global flood and Noah's Ark is one of the greatest debated topics in Creation vs Evolution. Answers in Genesis has done amazing scientific research on the topic and has a plethora of articles.

UPDATE:
    Inked in the words at the top which is a direct quote from Genesis 6:7-8. And notice I had to reshape Rodinia. I should have been wiser than that! I tried to fit God's Word into my interpretation of the landscape, but as always that fails. So drew a land with God's description as the foundation. Also inked in the Ark and the water's edge. I'm not quite sure how I'm going to style/texture the water.

Debunking Myths:
    Skeptics claim that only a horrible and hateful God could flood Earth and kill all land dwellers except those on the Ark. But they are clearly over looking the previous verses which say every person's thoughts were wicked continually, so much so that God was sorry that He made them. God is just and perfect. He is like a honest judge, bound to the duty of punishing any criminals. Yet even in His righteous judgment, God still gave Mankind 120 years grace-period before He flooded them.

### Latest WIP ###
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Deluge 3.png 
Views:	13 
Size:	3.10 MB 
ID:	137004

Visit my business site: The Elderly Cartographer
    For commissions: Fiverr
    Follow me on Twitter, Instagram, Pinterest, and DeviantArt