Thread: Greetings from Quebec :D

Post Greetings from Quebec :D

Hello!

I've discovered this place while searching for fantasy maps. I've seen a ton of great work, I'm jealous of your talents. I've drawn maps myself in the past (with a pencil and a sheet of paper), but it's far from the quality displayed here. I tried Inkarnate and while this tool is fun and powerful, I still struggle with one thing with my maps : I don't know where to put stuff so it can be logical/nice and it's discouraging haha.

So I'm here to maybe learn how to draw natural and logical fantasy maps and, mostly, to hire someone to draw maps of my personal dark fantasy world. I've done many D&D sessions in it but I never succeded in creating a map that pleased me. With the lore coming around, I plan to maybe release some books.

Looking forward to see your works and to work with you

Hi, and welcome! If you're struggling with where to put things on your map, don't be shy about asking for help. Post what you've got so far and someone will be happy to point you in the right direction.

If you want to commission someone, there's a mapmaking requests area in the forum. Post the details there and you'll be able to find someone to work with.
    "We are the music makers, and we are the dreamers of dreams"

Guild Adept Facebook Connected Mimine's Avatar

UN FELLOW QUÉBÉCOIS

Bienvenue sur le forum! Au plaisir de voir tes créations publiées ici
    Si tu n'as rien fait pour ton rêve aujourd'hui, est-ce que c'est vraiment ton rêve? - Fred Pellerin

Twitter -> https://twitter.com/benoit_janie

ChickPea : Thank you for your message. The ability to ask for help to create or to commission someone were the reasons that made me registered hehe. Looking forward to get that

Mimine : Je ne pensais pas trouver une Québécoise ici aussi rapidement haha, c'est toujours agréable de côtoyer les siens. Je ne sais pas si je vais publier des choses ici (j'ai bien du mal à montrer mes œuvres vu que je les considère souvent comme médiocres), mais il est clair que je vais apprendre (et probablement payer pour les services de quelqu'un aussi).

Welcome, Cradlis, I believe this forum will be of much help for your creations! Remind us when you publish that book for us to read, dark fantasy never gets old and with maps they are even better.