Thread: A Study in Pink

Map A Study in Pink

Hey folks,

Here's a little one that had been sleeping for a long time on my iPad. It's a map drawn for my now 7 years old daughter, the intrepid Alice. She wante a map drawn in pink so, I obeyed It felt good to closea personal project.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Pink.jpg 
Views:	53 
Size:	2.03 MB 
ID:	137015

Hope you like it as much as I.

Cheers !

Thomas

PS : I usually don't do it but it's full size

Lovely map! As will all your maps, the compass and parchment are especially on point.

Guild Master Facebook Connected - JO -'s Avatar

How sweet! I hope she liked it?
    It's funny, we're not used to pink and it takes a while to get used to it and to be able to read the map properly...

Héhé, we need to see more pink (and other rarely used colors) on maps! Somehow it draws my attention on the mountains & forests even more.

I love this! Excellent request from Alice, and beautifully drawn, of course.

I cannot believe she's seven already. It doesn't feel like that long ago that you posted a map inspired by her ultrasound!!
    "We are the music makers, and we are the dreamers of dreams"

Quote Originally Posted by Turambar View Post
    Lovely map! As will all your maps, the compass and parchment are especially on point.
    Thanks Turambar

Quote Originally Posted by - JO - View Post
    How sweet! I hope she liked it?
    It's funny, we're not used to pink and it takes a while to get used to it and to be able to read the map properly...
    She does. Yeah, the clear pink makes for a fuzzy sight but I like it.

Quote Originally Posted by Ilanthar View Post
    Héhé, we need to see more pink (and other rarely used colors) on maps! Somehow it draws my attention on the mountains & forests even more.
    You're right. I did some experimentations with micron colored pens and two colors for each map (might have posted them in the sketch thread, gotta check). The purple and pink make fro a good vivid contrast, might be what draws the eye.

Quote Originally Posted by ChickPea View Post
    I love this! Excellent request from Alice, and beautifully drawn, of course.

I cannot believe she's seven already. It doesn't feel like that long ago that you posted a map inspired by her ultrasound!!
    Yeah, she grows fast. And she started mapping some Still love those two baby maps