Thread: TTRPGs

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Quote Originally Posted by arsheesh View Post
    Ahh fantastic! I agree entirely, there is such creativity and innovation happening within the OSR. In particular, I find that much attention is paid to creating products optimized for easy reference and playability. What are some of your favorite OSR games?
    I DM two French creations : Oltréé (for which I can pitch the system that is fun) and Cœurs Vaillants (Brave and the Bold in English) in its second iteration. I also love Cairn, Knave, Primal Quest and Into the Odd but I often stripp Macchiato Monsters for parts as it's a wonder (open-magic-system !!!).

Also, everything from the Merry Mushmen is gold (KNOCK! above all else) and Emily Allen procedural dungeons are very fun to play with.

What are yours ?

To answer Naima's original post, I've started with RuneQuest and Call of Cthulhu, playeda bit of Star Wars D6, Deadlands, some French crazy games named In Nomine Satanis/Magna Veritas and Bitume (Mad Max with camembert) and strangely tried DnD products quite late (and they're mostly not to my taste as I find the class and alignment system quite rigid) playing a bit of ADD, DD3 and 3.5 then DD5. Later I discovered DD1 and the B&X system and found it refreshing as a toolbox mainly. Nowadays, I want rules lite systems that I tinker with, adding various parts taken elsewhere. Full improv with tools to streamline the games (the only way I can DM).
    Last edited by ThomasR; 04-08-2024 at 10:45 AM.