Thread: Four city and village maps from my sketchbook

Post Four city and village maps from my sketchbook

Recently I started dumping any ideas I had into a cheap sketchbook I got from work. I've been enjoying the process of sketching, outlining and shading these locations, it's somewhat quick but the end result is still pretty. So far I've only done top-down local maps but I feel like trying some regional maps, maybe some more artistic stuff eventually.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	WhatsApp Image 2024-02-15 at 14.56.45 (2).jpeg 
Views:	33 
Size:	1.01 MB 
ID:	137053

Name:	WhatsApp Image 2024-02-15 at 14.56.45 (1).jpeg 
Views:	22 
Size:	1.20 MB 
ID:	137054

Name:	WhatsApp Image 2024-02-15 at 14.56.45.jpeg 
Views:	20 
Size:	1.22 MB 
ID:	137055

Name:	WhatsApp Image 2024-02-15 at 14.56.43.jpeg 
Views:	31 
Size:	1.05 MB 
ID:	137056

Community Leader Facebook Connected Badger's Avatar

Greetings Daia, welcome to the guild. We love maps! pencil or pen maps are one of my forte's. These look great! I especially love the shading on the castle walls and buildings in the 4th one. Keep on mapping, but especially keep on posting your work, I look forward to seeing more.

Del

Hey, you have got a nice line art! Are top down maps your thing?

Quote Originally Posted by Ink_alpinist View Post
    Hey, you have got a nice line art! Are top down maps your thing?
    Yes actually, I've started with top down maps and have been doing them for a good while now. I like to map out the logistics of a settlement, the roads, the rivers, how the place would have grown from it's inception to the present. I spend hours on Google Maps looking at historical places or modern cities and imagine how they's look like in a map.

I want to perfect top down maps before trying more artistic pieces taken from different perspectives, I'd like to get really good at making all kinds of maps in the future.

Quote Originally Posted by Daia Maps View Post
    Yes actually, I've started with top down maps and have been doing them for a good while now. I like to map out the logistics of a settlement, the roads, the rivers, how the place would have grown from it's inception to the present. I spend hours on Google Maps looking at historical places or modern cities and imagine how they's look like in a map.

I want to perfect top down maps before trying more artistic pieces taken from different perspectives, I'd like to get really good at making all kinds of maps in the future.
    Got it, it must be a really cool exercise, to imagine how things were in the past and all the logistics of a different place in a different age filled with different beings. Very creative in a way! Looking forward for your work, Daia!