Thread: Where can I get feedback on real-world maps?

Question Where can I get feedback on real-world maps?

In order to improve my cartographic skills, I've been practicing on a map of a real-world area, copying a well-known modern style. But practicing is useless without feedback. Can I post a real-world map in one of the WIP/Critique threads to get feedback? And if so, which sub-forum?

Can anyone suggest anywhere else I might be able to get a critique of this sort of map? Everywhere I look seems to be focused on fantasy or alt history maps. Which are fine, but I feel like the users might just ignore this, especially if it's not in a fantasy style.
    FacebookTwitter

You most certainly can post in one of the sub forums (probably modern since that is the style you are working with). Be sure to ask for specific feedback and mention the things you might be struggling with. That makes it easier for others to respond with suggestions and tips.

https://www.cartographersguild.com/f...splay.php?f=47
    GW

One's worth is not measured by stature, alone. By heart and honor is One's true value weighed.

Current Non-challenge WIP : Beyond Sosnasib
    Current Lite Challenge WIP : None
    Current Main Challenge WIP : None
    Completed Maps : Various Challenges

As pointed out, you can post all kinds of maps here and there have been some maps of real-world places posted here in the past. Real-world maps do tend to get less views than other kinds, but if you explicitly point out that you're looking for technique feedback and what you're aiming for then it might help with the number of responses.

You're welcome to post modern maps here. Some of us also do them so feedback isn't out of the question, I just don't tend to post my modern work here because as you observe, it's more of a fantasy / art map forum.

Click my banner, behold my art! Fantasy maps for Dungeons and Dragons, RPGS, novels.
    No obligation, free quotes. I also make custom PC / NPC / monster tokens.
    Contact me: calthyechild@gmail.com or _ti_ (Discord) to discuss a map!

Thank you all. I've posted it under Sci-Fi/Modern Mapping.
    FacebookTwitter