Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: March/April 2024 Challenge: Rawtooth Island

Administrator Facebook Connected Diamond's Avatar

Are you talking about the dots/blobs on the lower portion? I actually think they add something to the map. Maybe makes it look more 'lived in' if that makes sense? I'd tell you to add more and see how it looks, but you can't go back if you don't like it, haha. That's why I don't play in the big boy league of pen and ink. Maybe add some more blotches in photoshop and see what it looks like?

Quote Originally Posted by Diamond View Post
    Are you talking about the dots/blobs on the lower portion? I actually think they add something to the map. Maybe makes it look more 'lived in' if that makes sense? I'd tell you to add more and see how it looks, but you can't go back if you don't like it, haha. That's why I don't play in the big boy league of pen and ink. Maybe add some more blotches in photoshop and see what it looks like?
    That's what my GF said, lol. I thought maybe she was just reassuring me but if people think this adds character, maybe I'll give it a try?

There might be more I could do with this but damn this was a busy month. Not sure what else I could do anyway, so I think I might just call it done.

Sometimes I like to treat my art as if it were real, or like a movie prop, so I went with the coffee and burned edges trick to make this thing look like an old abandoned map, left by the people of the Isle. You can see pieces of their culture on the frame and the icons around the Isle, the animals they lived with, and maybe even some local legends. Each tribe displays it's own separate culture.

Hope you guys like it!

### Latest WIP ###
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Mapa Rawtooth Isle.jpg 
Views:	15 
Size:	8.08 MB 
ID:	137422

Hey Daia, i like it a lot indeed! The stains and burned edges add tons of atmosphere to this already very atmospheric map! I love the little scenes and details in the frame and on the map itself. Congrats for such a wonderful first CG challange entry!
    Map is not territory...
    Current work in progress:Korobrom | My finished maps
    My DeviantArt site and Twitter

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12