Thread: March/April 2024 Challenge: Zoralund, The Lost Land

Community Leader Facebook Connected Badger's Avatar

Wip March/April 2024 Challenge: Zoralund, The Lost Land

Some may remember, most probably don't, but I have a homebrew world that I've had for years, I call it Azora. You can probably do some thread seaching if you really want more details, because I'm not going to bore you here. Long ago, after a coffee mug left a ring on the bottom left of my world map (it was drawn out on butcher paper at the time, like 4' by 4') I decided right then to make it a mysterious land, ringed by mountains and mist, essentially a big ol' "???" area on the map just to give it a "What's there? Oh there. No one really knows, it's never been explored" kinda feel. In the file drawer of my mind, I marked it as a "land of the lost/dinosaur/primal jungle" type of feel; with essentially a stone age level of advancement for the indigenous fantasy races. I've never really mapped it out to any extent, so this felt like the perfect opportunity to do so.

Also, my world has been flat long before it was cool to be a flat earther. I should note that just because my fantasy world is flat doesn't mean I personally believe the earth is flat. It's also sad that in 2024 we are at the stage in our society where I even felt the need to make a remark about it. I digress. Behold. Zoralund.

### Latest WIP ###
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	South West Azora LotL.jpg 
Views:	9 
Size:	1.04 MB 
ID:	137241

Scale is 40 miles per hex.

Badger
    Last edited by Badger; 03-20-2024 at 04:13 AM. Reason: picture wasn't displaying, fixed it!!

Wip

So, the previous post, I actually wrote that yesterday and only (thought) I had posted it... so, hence another so fast but ... here's where the mountains, rivers and lakes will be laid out. Guides, as it were. Been a while since I've had to do WIPs ya...

### Latest WIP ###

Name:	South West Azora LotL (1).jpg 
Views:	11 
Size:	1.22 MB 
ID:	137242

### Latest WIP ###

Name:	South West Azora LotL (2).jpg 
Views:	13 
Size:	1.35 MB 
ID:	137273

Put some mountains, with some texture shading behind them. The mountains may need to go smaller at the top, the bottom is the Outer Rim, the ring of mountains that are steep, high and impenetrable. The need to be big and impressive. I'm definitely going to try some more textures out for I mean, who doesn't love painting right? hoping to get more done later today. Keep on mapping!

Badger