Quote Originally Posted by Kellerica View Post
I think you have a few too many different fonts here, and some of them that don't quite go together. Mainly I think the fraktur style font for the region names (as beautiful as it is, and I love the effect you have on the text that makes it blend into the texture) conflicts a bit with the rest of the labels, in my opinion.
Thanks so much for the feedback! This kind of perspective is really helpful - typography & font pairings is still something I'm trying to get my head around. I'm really partial to that fraktur style font as I like the mood it conveys (that gothic-fantasy edge is super fitting to my setting) - would you possibly have any reccomendations for nice readable fonts that could pair well with it to replace the ones I've used for the towns & forests?

Quote Originally Posted by Kellerica View Post
There's also a few of the city names that have way, way tighter kerning than the others, and that makes them a bit messy. I appreciate the intent probably was to make the label match the size of the city illustration on top of it, but I personally would have prioritised readability and just accepted that the name is wider than the illustration.
On a second glance I 100% agree - I've adjusted the kerning and I think it looks perfectly fine with the text just being wider than the illustrations!