Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: The World of Agysea, A Fantasy Worldmap

Quote Originally Posted by Agysea View Post

i have however two question:

1. I noticed that more incise flow and percipitation looks like it allows for better terrain, however that also (obviously) erodes away my mountain peaks. Is there any way to prevent that or reverse that effect ?

2. I am already working in continent sections, thats why i am also concerned with the detail because Wilbur would not be able to handle the whole world map for me, however how would i go about recreating the same river systems when i load the map in Wilburg for a more detailed close up section ?
    In answer to question 1, you can try using selections in Wilbur (Select-From Terrain-Height Range) from a little below sea level to a little below your peaks with a light feather (maybe 5 pixels) and then rune your incise flow and erosion. Waldronate (if he happens to take a look at this thread) might have a better suggestion.

2 Again, you could use selections. This time though, you would basically have to create an isolation mask that you could that you could load into Wilbur after loading your world file and use the crop to selection tool followed by a simple resample to enlarge the area in question. This might make things a little chunky looking at first, but as long as your resample isn't too extreme you should be able to start tweaking things with erosion cycles and what not. Again, waldronate might come along with a better suggestion and the link Peter provided may prove very useful in this part of your work.

Hope that helps some.

Edit: Also, if you do a member search for su-liam (think I spelled that right) he has a few links in his signature dealing with his work in Wilbur that may also prove helpful. I do believe he may have posted something once or twice in that thread I previously linked.
    Last edited by Greason Wolfe; 03-27-2024 at 09:58 PM.
    GW

One's worth is not measured by stature, alone. By heart and honor is One's true value weighed.

Current Non-challenge WIP : Beyond Sosnasib
    Current Lite Challenge WIP : None
    Current Main Challenge WIP : None
    Completed Maps : Various Challenges

thanks a lot for the reply, i will play around a bit more with some wilbur tweaks and upload it here soon, my plan is to get the worldmap to a statisfying level and then do the important regional maps

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12