Thread: DW — 2015 Commission

Map DW — 2015 Commission

Oh man, I had a major problem with computer files being corrupted and been dealing with all of that for a few weeks now. Funny enough what made me find it all out was me looking through my external HD's for older work ^^;

Anyway, I —cannot— for the life of me remember the name of this world, haha. This was the very first commission I ever did on one of those horrible freelancing sites (that shall not be named), severely underpaid and all that, but there was nothing I could do Map commissioned by Daniel Welch.

I don't know how people feel about posting older artwork, but since I do art professionally for a lot of different things, I don't have as many maps as I wish I did. It's also kind of funny that I posted my latest first and now I'm going to be working backwards, haha

Work notes: Map itself drawn through traditional media. Later scanned and finished digitally. Everything was drawn by me except the symbols on the side which the commissioner provided (zodiac symbols, etc.)

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Daniel Wlch - HighRes_FullMap.png 
Views:	61 
Size:	3.83 MB 
ID:	137321
    No idea how to make this look pretty, lol ignore me

Commissions open! https://vgen.co/JulieJubz or https://ko-fi.com/juliejubz/commissions

Liked your icons!

So sorry to hear about your PC, hope it's not messing up your commission work too badly.

The map looks very nice, old as it is! I really like the mountains in particular, the shading on them is excellent. I don't see any problem with sharing older artwork, and I'm very curious to see your previous work. Probably not much point in trying to come up with any constructive critism, since I'm sure you have already made massive progress as an artist in 9 years
    Homepage | Instagram | Facebook | Artstation
    Just give me liquorice and nobody gets hurt.