Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Duwain, question about border...

Another great map & addition to your world! I have preferences for the second and the fourth. The second due to the format that fit the map somehow, letting little but no "blank" space, but I agree that it would need some adjustment concerning the sky. I like the additional elements of the fourth and it uses quite well the horizontal display (though there are still some spaces in the corners that feels a bit empty).

Guild Master Facebook Connected - JO -'s Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by waldronate View Post
    One possible way to reduce the appearance of ears is to extend the thick decorative border out around the edges of the map legend and put a thinner line between the legend and the map (more or less the same as the line that's around the outside of the legend). That treatment would pull the edges into a solid frame while still allowing the legend to be different from both the background and main illustration. The badges that break out at the corners could be pulled in flush with the corners or kept as-is to prevent those outer edges from going completely rectangular.
    Great idea ! I'll try that one ! And would you insert the title in the main frame too ?

Quote Originally Posted by Naima View Post
    I think it looks great, as per sugestion why nt trying to combine the best of all ? May be 3rd and 4rth?
    Thanks for the idea! If you don't mind me asking, what would you keep from 3rd (and 4th)? Do you have a solution for combining the border with the banner?

Quote Originally Posted by Turambar View Post
    This is a beautiful map regardless of the border you choose. Personally I am torn equally between #3 and #4.

Edit: Upon further reflection, I think I am solidly in favor of #3. One recommendation I would make though, is for the small text in the legend I would use a font that is easier to read.
    Thanks for your opinion. I had to use small font so as not to bite too much into the map and keep to the page format. One solution would be to reduce the size of the map and leave more room for the border. What do you think?

Quote Originally Posted by Ilanthar View Post
    Another great map & addition to your world! I have preferences for the second and the fourth. The second due to the format that fit the map somehow, letting little but no "blank" space, but I agree that it would need some adjustment concerning the sky. I like the additional elements of the fourth and it uses quite well the horizontal display (though there are still some spaces in the corners that feels a bit empty).
    Thanks for your appreciation and your opinion. I tried extending the sky beyond the banner, but the result was inconclusive. I'll have to think again about finding a solution for this one. As for the 4th, I'm going to try Waldronate's suggestion, which should "fill" the corners of the page a bit better (if I've understood it correctly...).

Quote Originally Posted by - JO - View Post
    Thanks for your opinion. I had to use small font so as not to bite too much into the map and keep to the page format. One solution would be to reduce the size of the map and leave more room for the border. What do you think?
    I wouldn't make the map smaller unless you have to. I think the issue with the letters in the legend is the blackletter font rather than the size.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12