First post. I'm a software developer rewriting the old AutoREALM as AutoRealm 3+. I have a working system reading the ".aur" files and displaying the 8 major shapes: lines, poly lines, curves, poly curves, and the fractal versions. I'm using modern C++, wxWidgets, OpenGL with GLSL, plugin management, etc. I also have zoom and pan...and they are fast.

The file loads are extremely fast even for "large" files over the original. The fractal versions are exact replications of the original. I'm adding optional variations for the original algorithms. The config file (.ini) expands options and values for distance units and can be added by the user ad hoc. Suffice to say, I'm correcting quite a few issues in the Delphi code as I convert. Line types will be extendable. Alpha channel will be a thing. I already have a version 7 file format.

I do Linux, so my primary dev is there, but I need someone to test use under MSW and macOS. I'm also interested in getting a test map library expanded to ensure all features are operating as expected. The intent is to be faithful to the original in look and feel while correcting and extending.

I'm debating a Free version, but I need to say this is a significant undertaking and will likely need some "help". It'll all be hosted on GitHub.

I'm also looking at doing a Discord service using the files for interactive gaming and a 3D projection of the 2D maps using identifiable terrain and structure features. A tagging feature will likely help with that. That or collaborating with one of the exist 3D projects to do the same.

Any interest?