Page 49 of 54 FirstFirst ... 39454647484950515253 ... LastLast

Thread: Mouse vs. tablet

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Guild Novice

Just read the last few pages of this thread; very useful advice. I am hoping to pick up a cheap tablet soon since drawing with a mouse gives pretty inaccurate results, at least in my very limited experience.

Quote Originally Posted by Lupulus View Post
    Just read the last few pages of this thread; very useful advice. I am hoping to pick up a cheap tablet soon since drawing with a mouse gives pretty inaccurate results, at least in my very limited experience.
    I know what you mean; it's very hard to stop the furry little buggers running all over the place, particularly with a pen(cil) taped to them!

Seriously though, I'm very happy with my Huion 1060Plus (I think that's the correct model), great value for money tablet IMO. May not have all the versatility of a Wacom but for the price it doesn't fall far short!
    Glory is the reward of valour.

My blog at: damonjynx.blogspot.com.au

Finished Maps

Guild Novice

Quote Originally Posted by damonjynx View Post
    Seriously though, I'm very happy with my Huion 1060Plus (I think that's the correct model), great value for money tablet IMO. May not have all the versatility of a Wacom but for the price it doesn't fall far short!
    Hmm...that's not one I have looked into yet. I'll have to keep researching and then do a comparison of tablets under $100.

You know that it's time to start using your graphic tablet when you just broke your 2 months old mouse because of intensive clicking.
    I opened the mouse to find out the little plastic pin touching the clicky clicky thing is broken only on the left side.
    Maybe I could switch the 2 buttons but it would be confusing when I'm not drawing.
    The button still work but I need to press a little harder. It makes it almost impossible to make full straight lines.
    I might repair it but that is not a reason to avoid using my tablet I guess.

I started to try my own map drawing and came to the conclusion, I have to have a tablet. And in the last posts I found the Huion 1060Plus tablet and I'm pretty sure I'll get that one and start to bring something visual to my fantasy world

Quote Originally Posted by Alexander Phillips View Post
    I started to try my own map drawing and came to the conclusion, I have to have a tablet. And in the last posts I found the Huion 1060Plus tablet and I'm pretty sure I'll get that one and start to bring something visual to my fantasy world
    You won't regret it. I really can't say how much the difference in use between the Huion and Wacom is, but for me, the Huion is great value. If I ever start making real money from my maps (which I hope to one day) I might upgrade but that day is very far off.
    Glory is the reward of valour.

My blog at: damonjynx.blogspot.com.au

Finished Maps

I'm sure you will have a lot more fun with a tablet than drawing with your mouse!

I used a small Wacom Graphire 3 for 14 years, but the last years it was driving me crazy, as there are no new drivers for my Macbook and I used a workaround that didn't work that well. Since January I own an XP-Pen Artist 16 and I love it! If I had the money I would have bought a Wacom Cintiq, but the XP-Pen Artist was expensive enough (altough a lot cheaper than a Wacom). But it was worth its money and I also use it as a second monitor.

I don't know about Hiuion but I had an Aiptek, which is a rebrand of a number of the Taiwan brands and the Wacom technology is so much better, as are their updates. I had a Wacom Graphire in the 90s, an Aiptek in the 2000s, I the upgraded to a Wacom Bamboo in 2009 and now I have a Wacom Intous 4. The Wacom's technology is so so much better than anyone else. My first Graphire. was as small but my other were medium. I would recommend the medium. I would also recommend used on eBay, where I got my Intous 4 for just over $100n with shipping. I think using a tablet is much better than a mouse but you need to get used to it, it is a bit different than drawing on paper. Give it time and you'll definitely appreciate the difference..

Not related...
    I saw the thread title and thought...
    Mouse [guild member] versus Tablet... like it was a showdown
    ok. Nothing to see here. Move along.....

Quote Originally Posted by J.Edward View Post
    Not related...
    I saw the thread title and thought...
    Mouse [guild member] versus Tablet... like it was a showdown
    ok. Nothing to see here. Move along.....
    Hardware-wise, I'd say tablet, no hesitation. But talking real life, I'd take Sue over a tablet anytime !

Page 49 of 54 FirstFirst ... 39454647484950515253 ... LastLast