Thread: Mouse vs. tablet

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

At the end of last year I finally cracked, and retired my old Cintiq 22HD. After a long consideration of all the available options, I finally upgraded to a Xencelabs 24''. Absolutely love it so far.

4K screen with a really nice paper-like surface and minimal parallax, and the whole thing is amazingly slim compared to how bulky my old Cintiq was. The tablet comes with a stand, two different pens, and an incredibly handy quick key remote with 8 configureable buttons and a scroll wheel, and the whole package still works out cheaper than Wacom's current 24'' equivalent that doesn't even come with a proper stand. Still not cheap by any means, but I feel I'm definitely getting my money's worth for what I paid. Doubt I'll ever by a Wacom product again.

The stand that the tablet came with was good enough, but I decided to swap it out for a monitor arm from Ergotron. Makes the thing extremely easy to manouver. I can easily pull the tablet close to the edge of the desk and angle it for drawing, and when not in use I can push it back and move it to an upward position so it doubles as a second monitor. This is how my setup looks like:

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	setup.jpg 
Views:	20 
Size:	1.04 MB 
ID:	137323

No regrets about making the upgrade! I also managed to sell my old Cintiq on eBay, and I'm glad to know somebody else can put it to good use.
    Last edited by Kellerica; 03-28-2024 at 07:01 AM.
    Homepage | Instagram | Facebook | Artstation
    Just give me liquorice and nobody gets hurt.