Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast

Thread: King of the Trollhaunt Warrens

Community Leader Facebook Connected Ascension's Avatar

I really like those trees.
    If the radiance of a thousand suns was to burst at once into the sky, that would be like the splendor of the Mighty One...I am become Death, the Shatterer of worlds.
    -J. Robert Oppenheimer (father of the atom bomb) alluding to The Bhagavad Gita (Chapter 11, Verse 32)

My Maps ~ My Brushes ~ My Tutorials ~ My Challenge Maps

Aren't they charming? For a lot of campaigns, this is the first foray into the Feywild and I think it retains a lot of that fantastical look befitting a plane of pure nature.

Badass. Thanks man, i've really enjoyed your Thunderspire maps, and although i'll probably skip most of Pyramid, i'm almost sure to use Trollhaunt.

Quick headsup. I WILL finish, we just decided sort of 'Spur of the Moment" to try and Sell our Place and move to a slightly larger yet cheaper place in an other area of Town, so at the moment I am all about trying to get the place "Show worthy" by the weekend. A lot of work, even when most of it is stuff like touch up paint here, and Window dtrim only

busy, busy, busy!
    Daniel the Neon Knight: Campaign Cartographer User

Never use a big word when a diminutive one will suffice!

Any questions on CC3? Post them with CC3 in the Subject Line!
    MY 'FAMOUS' CC3 MAPS: Thunderspire; Pyramid of Shadows; King of the Trollhaunt Warrens; Demon Queen's Enclave

There's no rush, just take your time and complete the map when you can! We can wait

Question Printing Help

Great Job on the maps, first of all!

I am looking to use these maps with my Saturday D&D group (if that's alright). I need some advice on getting them to print out to scale, though.

I realize this probably isn't the right place to post this (apologies), so if you don't have an answer, perhaps you could point me in the right direction.

Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by LionMaru View Post
    Great Job on the maps, first of all!
    Thanx. You are welcome!

I am looking to use these maps with my Saturday D&D group (if that's alright). I need some advice on getting them to print out to scale, though.
    Of course, the main reason I make them is for others to use!

As to printing, I have saved the maps all at 100% of scale, so if you print the map at 100%, the scale should be perfect. And by 100% of scale, it the map is an area 10 squares by 10 squares, or 10 inches x 10 inches, that is the size of the image, 10"x10".
    Daniel the Neon Knight: Campaign Cartographer User

Never use a big word when a diminutive one will suffice!

Any questions on CC3? Post them with CC3 in the Subject Line!
    MY 'FAMOUS' CC3 MAPS: Thunderspire; Pyramid of Shadows; King of the Trollhaunt Warrens; Demon Queen's Enclave

Ah thanks for the prompt reply ^^

I can get some of the maps in a useable form, but I'm having trouble with the larger ones. (W-1 specifically)

Perhaps I should explain the depths of my ignorance. This is the first time I've ever tried printing out maps for the tabletop on my printer. Also I'm using the default program that opens the file (Windows Photo Gallery) There's probably a better program I could use...

Thanks for taking the time to help out a Newb ^^

Quote Originally Posted by LionMaru View Post
    Ah thanks for the prompt reply ^^
    Also I'm using the default program that opens the file (Windows Photo Gallery) There's probably a better program I could use...
    I just use Paint (basic windows graphics program, under accessories in your start menu). Before printing it, I go to Page Setup, and set all the margins to .25 inches, to use most of the page, and then I tape all the pieces together.

Guild Applicant

Thanks! I'll try using Paint instead of CC2. I've been loading them into CC2 and trying to scale and tile them. Takes me trial and error to get the scaling correct. If I can just open the PNG files in Paint and print them at 100% instead of trying to force X by Y pages, that will be a big help!!

Does this work with the Pyramid of Shadows PNG files as well?

Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast