Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 345678910 LastLast

Thread: King of the Trollhaunt Warrens

This is AWESOME work. Thank you very much for taking the time to do it. I do have one question, May i copy the files and take them to kinko's or someplace to have them printed out? and if so, what size should they be enlarged to so the squares are 1"?

Quote Originally Posted by NeonKnight View Post
    I have saved the map images to scale. SO, if printed at 100% it will print at 1 square=1 inch
    ^^^__________________________^^^

ok, nm, all i had to do was read a bit...

but, again TY V V M!!!

Guild Applicant

NK, these maps have worked great. I used the H3 PoS maps and my players loved them. Now I am going to try displaying them on a 32" LCD laid flat on the table instead of printing them out. I burned through lots of yellow ink printing out the maps. I ended up printing some in gray-scale to save on ink

Using an old TV we think will work great and make my prep even easier. You have done the hard work! Thanks!

jsh

hello, me again...

was getting ready for tonight's game and went to print out the 1st map from the Adventure Book One, the one with the messenger, and I can't seem to find it. I thought I had seen it on here before but am now totally lost. Was a map done for that encounter?

Community Leader Facebook Connected Ascension's Avatar

Neon only did maps for unmapped areas so if the game came with a map then he hasn't done it. If it's an unmapped area then he'll be able to answer where or if he did a map for it.
    If the radiance of a thousand suns was to burst at once into the sky, that would be like the splendor of the Mighty One...I am become Death, the Shatterer of worlds.
    -J. Robert Oppenheimer (father of the atom bomb) alluding to The Bhagavad Gita (Chapter 11, Verse 32)

My Maps ~ My Brushes ~ My Tutorials ~ My Challenge Maps

Quote Originally Posted by Ascension View Post
    Neon only did maps for unmapped areas so if the game came with a map then he hasn't done it. If it's an unmapped area then he'll be able to answer where or if he did a map for it.
    i have the module an included poster map and don't see the 1st enc included. I thought i saw it in this thread or somewhere but can't find it now...

Yeah, the first encounter doesn't come with the module and Neo didn't do one up for it. I figure it's just because it was in a different booklet than the main module, IIRC. I just ran with it when I ran that encounter and used my glass grid board. Not nearly as nice looking as Neo's maps, but it gets the job done.

Sorry, was busy the last couple of days (11 yr Wedding Anniversary yesterday, wifes Birthday tomorrow...etc.).

I never did the First encounter because it was an optional encounter, and could be placed into one's campaign in a multitude of ways.

If you need a sort of 'Ambushy' kind of encounter, there is this one I did for a home game of mine a while back.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Road Ambush.JPG 
Views:	1233 
Size:	1.71 MB 
ID:	20215  
    Daniel the Neon Knight: Campaign Cartographer User

Never use a big word when a diminutive one will suffice!

Any questions on CC3? Post them with CC3 in the Subject Line!
    MY 'FAMOUS' CC3 MAPS: Thunderspire; Pyramid of Shadows; King of the Trollhaunt Warrens; Demon Queen's Enclave

TY all for the replies...

NeonKnight, TY for the new map and Happy Anniversary to you and yours. I was hoping that the RP events I had planned for the evening would take me up to but not having to run the messenger encounter but we still had time so I ran it using my 20x20 dry-erase grid i have for "emergencies". All was well and I look forward to finally be able to make use of the awesome maps you've created for the rest of the module. TY again for taking the time to make and post them all.

When I'm printing C2,C4,C5 and C6 the square are smaller (less than an inch). Every other map have the good scale.
    Am i the only one with this "problem"? How can I print it correctly? I'm using Microsoft Paint printing at 100% scale.

Also, have you done Demon Queen's Enclave? I can't find the thread.

Btw, great work Neonknight !!! Thanks a lot for those maps!

[edit]
    It print correctly at 133%
    Last edited by soularm; 02-05-2010 at 01:33 PM.

Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 345678910 LastLast